Guitarist's Development Group Nov 8-10th 2019
Friday, January 25, 2019
Learn Guitar With Gordon Giltrap & Will McNicol
Guitarist’s Development Group
However far along the road you are on your guitar playing journey, you are likely to have experienced challenges over the years in taking your playing to the next level.
You now have an exciting opportunity created by Gordon Giltrap MBE, to help you to learn how to improve your guitar playing. Pete Townshend recently said on ‘The Who’s’ official website that some of the best guitar music for him in 2018 came from Gordon Giltrap. This is indeed true recognition from a guitar legend in a year where Gordon has also been honoured with an MBE for services to music.
What is the ‘Guitarist’s Development Group’?
It is a learning opportunity for guitarists of all abilities. Coaching will be led by Gordon Giltrap who will be supported by Will McNicol who Gordon rates as “one of the finest Guitarists and Composers on the scene today”.
It is based around the following process:
1) Prepare some goals for what you want to learn to become a better guitarist and complete a short questionnaire to enable us to get to know more about you as a guitarist.
2) Submit your written goals 4 weeks prior to a residential weekend.
3) Take part in a weekend residential programme with coaching throughout from Gordon and Will McNicol
4) Revise your goals for the next 6 months
5) Share your goals with participants on the programme who can provide encouragement and a support network.
6) Do whatever it takes to work towards your goals.
7) Take part in a follow up half day meeting to share success and achievements.
8) Look at ‘what next’ to continue improvement and development as a guitarist.
When is the next residential weekend and where is it being held?
It will take place from 20.00 Friday 8th November to 15.00 Sunday 10th November 2019 and will be held at:
How many places are available?
Places will be limited to 16
What will be covered during the residential weekend?
The actual content of the weekend will be determined by the personal aims of each participant, however areas covered in the past have included:
- Demonstration of guitar techniques
- Performance …. Examples from Gordon and Will’s experience connecting with listeners.
- Coaching and feedback on your own performance
- Guitar set up and advice about guitars
- Ideas about composing for solo guitar
- Musicality… dynamics and playing from the soul with passion
- Nail care
- Amplification and effects
The style of the weekend will be relaxed and informal with both group and individual coaching from Gordon and Will
How much does it cost to take part in the ‘Guitarist’s Development Group’?
The fee is £595 per per person which includes:
- Coaching from Gordon Giltrap and Will McNicol
- Any supporting learning materials
- 2 nights accommodation in an en suite room for single occupancy at ‘Woodside’ to include all meals on Saturday and Sunday
- The follow up review meeting
A deposit of £295 is payable by bank transfer or cheque when your place is confirmed and the balance will be due by the 8th October 2019.
How do I book my place?
All booking enquiries should be made to Paul Roberts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07860 648068.
Paul is an experienced RGT guitar teacher who will be the point of contact for any queries before, during and after the Residential weekend.
Gordon Giltrap - www.giltrap.co.uk
Will McNicol - www.willmcnicol.co.uk