GBBF

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

karlolsen

GBBF

Postby karlolsen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Gordon,
I wanted to thank you for a fantastic gig at this years GBBF. I was transfixed for the entire session and even forgot that I had a beer sitting at my feet. Although I have been a "Giltrap Anorak" (as my wife calls me) for over 20 years, this was the first time I have seen you live as I have been out of the country for extended periods. I am the person who requested your pick (which is being framed) and gave you my "lucky" coin. There is a story connected to the coin which I will have to tell you someday. It was an honour to meet you; hopefully we can do it again in the future.
Sherlock

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:24 am

Hello there Rick.

Listen my friend,is there any way we can make contact with you for future meetings? An e-mail address if possible. You can leave a message with Sue my webmaster and it comes direct to me. That 'lucky' coin is in pride of place in our display cabinet, it is a thing of beauty and we have told SO many of our friends about your generous gift. Please get back to us as soon as you can, and please give our best regards to your son Karl and the rest of your family.That plectrum was such a small gift to give in return for the one you gave us.We must correct that!

Gordon.

karlolsen

Dodo

Postby karlolsen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi again Gordon
I was "frothing" about the Dodo's Dream you did at the GBBF, so my son Karl went online and found one posted on YouTube from 2006 (at the Railway Inn). We have all watched it about 30 times, and Karl has forwarded it to all his guitar buddies. My daughter, Natalie, has come on board now as the latest addition to the Olsen chapter of the "Giltrap Anoraks." We are spreading the magic! Hope to talk to you soon,
...Rick
Sherlock

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Rick.

Well what a lucky guy I am to be collecting YOUNG fans these days. I'm very touched. I SHALL BE MAKING CONTACT SOON MY FRIEND.

Be Well.

G.

Hobo

Re: Dodo

Postby Hobo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:46 pm

karlolsen wrote:Hi again Gordon
I was "frothing" about the Dodo's Dream you did at the GBBF, so my son Karl went online and found one posted on YouTube from 2006 (at the Railway Inn). We have all watched it about 30 times, and Karl has forwarded it to all his guitar buddies. My daughter, Natalie, has come on board now as the latest addition to the Olsen chapter of the "Giltrap Anoraks." We are spreading the magic! Hope to talk to you soon,
...Rick

That is a really great YouTube clip and it gets plenty of airplay here too. I've recommended it to many others.

PaulCorner

GBBF

Postby PaulCorner » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Sorry not to have posted a note sooner. The concert at the GBBF was excellent once again. I remember Gordon once describing the guitar as the small orchestra; however it only becomes so in the hands of a small number of people. Wonderful playing throughout the afternoon and a great selection of music. It was good to hear 'The Dodo's Dream' twice and no concert is complete without Lucifer's Cage. I also managed to get a signed copy of 'Captured from a point in time'. Last week i listened to Appalachian Dreaming sitting on top of Sugar Loaf, Abergavenny, and it was perfect. Not the Appalachian's of course but the Brecon's have their own beauty and the music was lovely. Thanks

GORDON
Site Admin

GBBF.

Postby GORDON » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi Paul.

I think that location sounds perfect for listening to any music and sounds like the ideal spot. Many Thanks for such a cracking posting, and I promise you that I never take praise for granted, and when one is reaching the age I am now it is MOST welcome.... :D

Be Well Sir.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”