Lydbury North Village Hall, Shropshire

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

richardbooth

Lydbury North Village Hall, Shropshire

Postby richardbooth » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Two fantastic sets by Gordon in the great Lydbury North Village Hall in Shropshire.

This was the first time I had finally managed to see Gordon live and it certainly won't be the last. Gordon's fantastic happy and very funny talk in between playing was brilliant and he really had the packed out hall laughing and giving well deserved appaluse!

I was spell bound watching his playing and loved his guitars, especially the 12 string. I was in awe of his playing and watching a master such as Gordon really inspires me in my own playing!

Gordon, if you are reading this, I was the person who spoke to you about my Martin Colleti bargain, and you had the same guitar!

A big thank you also for signing my photos during the interval and I look forward to seeing many more shows again soon.

Sincere best wishes,

Richard Booth
Shropshire.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:16 am

Hi Richard.

A joy it was indeed to meet SO many nice folk last night, and to have two fine guitar makers husband and wife as the hosts was outstanding.

It was good to meet a fellow Colletti owner. How about getting a photo put on the ANORAKS PAGE, I know we would all love to see it. These guitars are so underrated, mine is a pre-war model and sounds like an old Gibson.

Thanks so much for your kind words sir.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

richardbooth

Postby richardbooth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:30 am

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much indeed for the reply.

I will certainly photograph my Colletti guitar and post it on the Anoraks page for all to see.

I will bring my Colletti along to your next show so you can have a play on it! That would be a real honour.

Sincere best wishes and can't wait to see ione of your fantastic shows again.

Richard.

GORDON wrote:Hi Richard.

A joy it was indeed to meet SO many nice folk last night, and to have two fine guitar makers husband and wife as the hosts was outstanding.

It was good to meet a fellow Colletti owner. How about getting a photo put on the ANORAKS PAGE, I know we would all love to see it. These guitars are so underrated, mine is a pre-war model and sounds like an old Gibson.

Thanks so much for your kind words sir.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi Richard.

I have now had a chance to look at your Colletti. Sadly it's not the collectable pre-war model I thought it would be. This guitar would probably date from late 50s or early 60s, and was probably made in Italy of laminate construction. Theoretically it shouldn't have a great sound but you have obviously found a good one, either way it's a piece of guitar history and I'm sure it brings you much joy, but as I said it's not the high end pre-war collectable one I thought it would be.

You Mac guitar looks great. What is the makers name?

For some reason I seem to have lost your used strings question! It would be best to get some at the next gig my friend.

Best Regards and THANKS ever so for those cracking pics.

Warm Regards.

G.

richardbooth

Postby richardbooth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much indeed for the reply regarding my Colletti!

Oh well, never mind! It still has a good tone to the guitar, even though it is not one of the more collectable pre-war models! I will still hunt one down though!!

My Mac model was designed and developed by a guitarist Steve Alden who lives in Shropshire and it is a great guitar. He develops his own range of guitars called 'Skylark'.

Thank you also for the reply regarding the GG used strings, I will certainly pick up a packet from you at your next show.

Sincere best wishes,

Richard.
GORDON wrote:Hi Richard.

I have now had a chance to look at your Colletti. Sadly it's not the collectable pre-war model I thought it would be. This guitar would probably date from late 50s or early 60s, and was probably made in Italy of laminate construction. Theoretically it shouldn't have a great sound but you have obviously found a good one, either way it's a piece of guitar history and I'm sure it brings you much joy, but as I said it's not the high end pre-war collectable one I thought it would be.

You Mac guitar looks great. What is the makers name?

For some reason I seem to have lost your used strings question! It would be best to get some at the next gig my friend.

Best Regards and THANKS ever so for those cracking pics.

Warm Regards.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”