Fleet

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Fleet

Postby Sue » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Mike and I have just returned home after last nights concert in Fleet and this morning browsing antiques, followed by a leisurely lunch with Gordon, Hilary, Jacqui and Larry.

Great gig in a civic centre in front of 200+ people. The new 12 string made a very well received appearance and despite some initial problems with a crackling PA system during the sound check ( sorted before the gig ) Gordon was on fantastic form.

Good to hear Ives Horizon and Work newly featured in the set. Dodo went down extremely well as always, the only hiccup of the night being a broken plectrum in the middle of Heartsong - but within just a second or so another was pressed into service from the selection on the pedal board.

It was lovely to meet Mike S / Margaret and Bob / Jane, even if we only had a chance to chat briefly. :D Also Diana and Tim who kindly put Mike and I up for the night after Gordon's Ewshot gig last year.

If you haven't been to a GG gig for a while you should book up now - you don't know what you're missing !!

Sue
Last edited by Sue on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:33 pm

Good to meet you too Sue!

As you'll see from the Anoraks' pages I also met Bob Wilson and was persuaded by him to burst into (lengthy) print on the topic of portable PAs for gigging solo and duo acts.

I agree about the concert. New guitars and some new material as well as the old favourites. A stunning rendition of Lucifer's Cage - superb!

Good to chat to some locals from Fleet who remembered Gordon from the late '70s and had come along for old times sake. They'd brought their youngsters and as a result we have yet more teenage converts to Gordon's music!

Here's to the next time!

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:52 pm

Great gig, but no bangers and mash or raffle this time also the car breaking down :( . Really fortunate to have two gigs close together both date wise and distance wise, the other being Ewshot.

Did spot another broken pick flying towards the audience near the end of Lucifiers Cage.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi all,

have just added a gallery of photos from Fleet - mainly taken by Margaret Stranks this time, - thanks Margaret :D - plus a few of mine.

http://www.giltrap.co.uk/index.php?page=imgallery&category=01--Fleet_2nd_Feb_2008

I've also added a few more to the Guitar photogallery.

Sue

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”