Forthcoming events in Gloucestershire

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Mark Geraghty

Forthcoming events in Gloucestershire

Postby Mark Geraghty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Dear Gordon, first time post long time listener.

Just inquiring when we might have the privilege of your genius once more in Gloucestershire?

Lesley [my wife] and I have attend two concerts at The Brewery Arts Centre, Cirencester and I was fortunate several years ago to hear you play with Martin Taylor in Witney.

Any chance of seeing you locally in the next twelve months? I note several concerts in Worcestershire which are also accessible.

Thank you for all the years of pleasure you and your music have given Lesley and I - wonderful musician and a wonderful person.

Kindest regards

Mark Geraghty
Just enjoying and remembering great music like Gordon's!

Thank you Gordon for all that you have done for music and for those who enjoy the quality and precision of your playing!!!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:47 pm

Dear Mark.

I have just returned from the Cinema to read your delightful message.We went to see I AM LEGEND, highly recommended :D

If I have said this once I have said it a hundred times.'It never ceases to amaze me that my music means so much to folk', (and that's not false modesty I promise you) and for that I will continue to be eternally gratefull.

I would love to play more in Gloucestershire, and Cirencester in particular, what a lovely venue that is.

I shall get on the case to see if the venue will book me again! Failing that, how do you sir feel about promoting your own GG concert? Maybe your school would be an ideal venue!

Obviously it would have to go through the usual agency channels but I'm sure we could make this work if you were so inclined to do the hard work. I get the easy bit by just turning up to play... :)

Please give my very best regards to Lesley, and once again THANKYOU for your kind posting sir.

Be Well.

Gordon.

ColinB

Postby ColinB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:46 am

Hi Mark
A great suggestion of GG to promote a concert and something I have only had passing thoughts of until now. I live just south of Ciren, in Braydon and would be more that happy to join forces with you if you're up for the challenge.

Regards

Colin

ColinB

Postby ColinB » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi All

I have been trying to arrange a gig with "The New Brewerery Arts" in Cirencester. The theatre has been closed for four years whilst spending £2.5 million on refurbishing the centre but they are worried that their audience is no longer there! I am not sure how they will find out if their audience is there or not without putting on some gigs other than the local dramatic society plays they have arranged.

I'll carry on looking for an alternative venue. If anyone has any suggestions of venues please let me know.

Regards

Colin

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Go for it guys... :D :) :o

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”