Dorchester

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

coling

Dorchester

Postby coling » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:15 am

Is there a reason why Gordon visiting Dorchester Arts Centre 19th January is not on the concert listing?
This is the famous venue of the As It Happens CD last year and although a compact venue has marvellous acoustics. It sold out last year but will it do so again without publicity?

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:04 am

Hi Colin,

many thanks for pointing this out to us - it managed to slip through the net somewhere.

You are quite correct that Gordon is indeed appearing at Dorchester Arts Centre on 19th Jan, the concert is a launch for the "As It Happens..." CD

Gordon and I are both now on the case. It has been added to the concert listing straightaway, and the venue will be contacted too.

Thanks again,
Sue

coling

Postby coling » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:20 am

Thanks, Sue. I got posted the venue's Spring Events brochure where I noticed the concert. My ticket safely ordered!

Roger

Postby Roger » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:52 pm

Colin,

Thanks for alerting people to the gig, which even by GG standards was a bit special last year! Hopefully it won't be too late to get tickets!

Thanks again,

Roger

coling

Dorchester

Postby coling » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 am

Well the first GG concert of the year has passed and a full house (almost a greenhouse with the heat generated in the compact venue!) fully appreciated Gordon's efforts. I noticed and chatted to some new converts on the night and with it being the Launch of the As it Happens CD back at the original venue, I saw many brand new CDs clutched in eager hands. The roads of Dorset must have been humming with GG on Saturday night. There was even a raffle (which we know are so liked by our hero) with additional prizes of signed GG photographs.
I think GG enjoyed himself - the chat was there, a joke or two thrown in, some back chat from the audience and some new tales I'd not heard before. There was even a "dying" guitar string that just wouldn't stay in tune despite heroic efforts to tune it whilst playing.
Oh yes and he played the guitar as well! The "plastic" guitar was well received although I had wished the 12 string had put in an appearance but I'll have to wait for another occasion for this. there were after all (as GG said) 6 other guitars and even then the "baby" was almost forgotten in the good humour of the night.

denval

Dorchester Arts Centre

Postby denval » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Family problems prevented us from going to Dorchester 12 months ago, however this year we travelled to Dorset to enjoy a wekend break and see Gordon at this unique venue.

When seeing the venue from outside, you really have no idea of what lies within. we have seen Gordon play on London's South Bank, Symphony Hall Birmingham, Village Halls, Chatham Dockyard Church and a Paddle Steamer, not mentioning some Pub Venues but this venue proved to be really special

The interior is not unlike the size of a recording studio. The acoustics and the sound system, provided probably the best live reproduction of Gordon's music I've heard to date.

The venue was completely sold out and as noted by Colin above the heat was intense, causing some issues with the strings on one guitar in particular.

The audience were literally not more than a few feet from Gordon at any point in the centre.

Gordon glided through his repetoire and the "In the studio with Gordon" spot seems to get better each time I hear it.

All in all a great evenings entetainment and a great start to 2008.

Denis and Valerie Teulon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”