Ukulele, Guitalele, Banjolele and suchlike

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Oldbones

Re: Ukulele, Guitalele, Banjolele and suchlike

Postby Oldbones » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Tom McCauley wrote:it needs retuning on the odd occasion.

Not unlike a 12 string guitar then? With both instruments I think you either come to love that characteristic foible or you get fed up and give up. I must be a masochist because I love them both and enjoy those regular tweaks. (And no -that isn't a double entendre with dubious connotations)
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Harrysong

Postby Harrysong » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Oldbones wrote:What I saw looked fascinating but my computer is rather long in the tooth (like me) and the constant barrage of pointless adverts slowed it down so much that I gave up. However, I think we can safely say that you are definitely a fully accredited member of the UASS (UAS Society).

Very sorry about that.....just realised how much of a pain in the a** that website is for storing pictures. I will find another. Apologies.

Harrysong

Postby Harrysong » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Oldbones wrote:What I saw looked fascinating but my computer is rather long in the tooth (like me) and the constant barrage of pointless adverts slowed it down so much that I gave up. However, I think we can safely say that you are definitely a fully accredited member of the UASS (UAS Society).

With regard to the dreadful amount of pop up adverts associated with the link I provided to pictures of my ukulele/ukulele banjo collection, I decided to move my pictures to a better webpage.
Anyone interested can view them here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/150942760@N02/AKt6E2

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Harrysong wrote:I decided to move my pictures to a better webpage

MUCH better, thanks for making the effort. You really do like banjoleles don't you? I also noticed the Brunswick BU5B. I had one but gave it to my brother-in-law. I now have the Brunswick BU4B which has a brighter sound even tuned DGBE. My own personal 'faves' as far as ukes are concerned are a Pono baritone and a Kala long-neck soprano.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Harrysong

Postby Harrysong » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Thank you!

Yes, I find them rather nice to play!

Nice choice of uke sir!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”