New Album

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger USA

New Album

Postby Roger USA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:00 am

Hi Gordon,

It's great news to hear that there may be a new Gordon Giltrap album in the works! Earlier in the year I was going to ask if there were any plans for a new album, because I was aware of a number of new songs that hadn't appeared on an album before, but when I heard of your illness I realized you obviously had far more important concerns.

To now hear that your treatment is moving along as well as it can at this stage and that you have been exploring the idea of a new album is excellent news - the possible inclusion of This Father's Love is simply a bonus.

I have always thought that it is a wonderful piece (and I haven't heard the version with Paul Ward's input), but I didn't know if my appreciation of it was skewed by the context.

You truly have a great gift and this is exciting news.

All the Best for a Happy & Healthy 2016,

Roger

Trevor Raggatt

Re: New Album

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 am

Looking forward to the Ward-ised version of out tune too! Keep us all updated with progress. Can't wait!

Return to “Gordon's Music”