A possible GG guitar?

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Jordz

A possible GG guitar?

Postby Jordz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:19 am

Hi, I bought this guitar a while back and have been told that it may be one of Gordon's guitars, I've spoken to guitar cavern in Worcester and they do remember the guitar but can not verify its authenticity, I've searched high and low for information about the brand and even with a serial number have always drawn a blank, there is little information about the brand even on enthusiasts forums. The guitar is a Fenix by Young Chang, gunmetal grey, bare knuckle pickups, unfortunately I am not a musician and struggle with terminology but I am very interested in its history, please could you advise me?

I cant seem to add pictures, will i need to use a third party website and link them, is this allowed?

Sue
Site Admin

Re: A possible GG guitar?

Postby Sue » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:52 am

Jordz wrote:
I cant seem to add pictures, will i need to use a third party website and link them, is this allowed?

If you are having problems, that's the best thing to do - for some advice see the Board help section. Photobucket or similar that assign a unique URL to each picture is fine.

Sue
GG webmaster

Jordz

Postby Jordz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:13 pm

sorry for the delay, here are some pictures,

http://s29.postimg.org/7txs814ev/IMG_1990.jpg
http://s17.postimg.org/r8avs61m7/IMG_1994.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/a4ugl4w3z/IMG_1993.jpg

i will post some more as soon as i can, thanks again!

Jordz

Postby Jordz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:15 pm

just to add, it came with a white and a black scratch plate, im just in the process of cleaning the white plate up.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Jordz wrote:Hi, I bought this guitar a while back and have been told that it may be one of Gordon's guitars, I've spoken to guitar cavern in Worcester and they do remember the guitar but can not verify its authenticity, I've searched high and low for information about the brand and even with a serial number have always drawn a blank, there is little information about the brand even on enthusiasts forums. The guitar is a Fenix by Young Chang, gunmetal grey, bare knuckle pickups, unfortunately I am not a musician and struggle with terminology but I am very interested in its history, please could you advise me?

Hi Buddy.

Yes, it was definitely part of my collection.

I bought it from a shop in Chippenham that was closing down.It's a cracking guitar and the previous owner must have loved it to upgrade the pickups with the current one.

Fenix guitars are SO underrated.

Enjoy it buddy it's a cracker,that's why I bought it!

Be well.

G.

Stevo

Postby Stevo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Nice guitar. Congrats. And now you know it was part of Gordon's collection.
Bare Knuckle pickups are great. I've got the Irish Tour set on my Strat.
I've never come across that make before, but if Gordon plays them . . .
Enjoy

Steve

Jordz

Postby Jordz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm

GORDON wrote:
Jordz wrote:Hi, I bought this guitar a while back and have been told that it may be one of Gordon's guitars, I've spoken to guitar cavern in Worcester and they do remember the guitar but can not verify its authenticity, I've searched high and low for information about the brand and even with a serial number have always drawn a blank, there is little information about the brand even on enthusiasts forums. The guitar is a Fenix by Young Chang, gunmetal grey, bare knuckle pickups, unfortunately I am not a musician and struggle with terminology but I am very interested in its history, please could you advise me?

Hi Buddy.

Yes, it was definitely part of my collection.

I bought it from a shop in Chippenham that was closing down.It's a cracking guitar and the previous owner must have loved it to upgrade the pickups with the current one.

Fenix guitars are SO underrated.

Enjoy it buddy it's a cracker,that's why I bought it!

Be well.

G.

Thank you very much for the reply, ive been made aware that you are not in the best of health, so i appreciate the reply more and i wish you a full and speedy recovery, happy xmas and a happy new year to all too!! Ill keep a close ete on the forums and hopefully will be picking up an accoustic to learn with!!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”