GG Vinyl

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

GG Vinyl

Postby Roger » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Just to let folk know that the vinyl albums Fear of the Dark, Visionary and The Peacock Party are for sale for £5 each in one of our local s/h record shops. They all appear to be in good condition.

If anyone is interested I'm quite willing to purchase these on their behalf and then forward them by post. Alternatively I can supply a 'phone number/details of the shop.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Best to all,

Roger

kevin

Re: GG Vinyl

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Vinyl. I love it. Just picked up Perilous Journey album £2.99 from a charity shop in Keswick.
As a relative newbe. Its really good fun as well. As for the album the music is still very fresh to my ears in that I mean in a timeless way. Absolute bargain

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Intriguing, isn't it? LP's were dead for so long once CD's arrived but now vinyl is back with a vengeance! This thread sent me to my LP rack to confirm that I still have the 'Visionary' trilogy alongside 'Midnight clear' and 'Peacock'. That's when I noticed that Gordon is neatly in the middle of a sandwich of favourite guitarists with David Gilmour on the left and Davy Graham on the right. I'm one of those saddoes who has both vinyl originals and CD reissues of favourite albums. No doubt, once I shuffle off this mortal coil, they'll all end up in one of those record fairs or charity shops which started this thread off. (unless, by then, I've been able to foster a fascination with guitars and guitarists in one or both of our young grandaughters).

Until then, I'll continue to amuse myself trying to decide whether the sound of vinyl is 'warmer' than CD. Or is that just an excuse to play a hell of a lot of music?
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

At the risk of going slightly off topic and down a very deep rabbit hole...I used to live fairly and squarely in the "vinyl sounds better than CD" camp. These days I think the difference is less important than the quality of the sound system that the music is played on. Given much music is played through very small speakers (I don't see so many hi-fi shops selling separates these days) the source quality debate becomes rather academic, in my view. (Given the choice on a good system I still like vinyl though...)

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:08 am

...and I have just added a copy of "Giltrap" on vinyl to my collection :D (never released on CD but my favourite of all Gordon's early vocal albums). I taped it 26 years ago but tape quality deteriorates too.

Return to “Gordon's Music”