Ashorne

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

simjen

Ashorne

Postby simjen » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi gordon and co,

Many thanks for a wonderful evening at Ashorne. Now I know what I've been missing all these years! Your handling of the raffle was near perfect. Years of experience no doubt!

As a fully certified guitar anorak I had loads to hear and look at. The interesting thing is that the people with me don't have anoraks but they were driving and as soon as we left your CD was playing. As always, it is the music which shines through. Amy might now take the guitar playing a bit more seriously!

I will try to make it to Ansty and look forward to that.

Thanks again and best regards,

Simon.
Simon Jenny, long term fan.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:19 pm

WHAT FUN EH.Ii JUST LOVE A RAFFLE... :D :) :( :o

Hope you enjoy the next show as much.

Best.

G.

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:23 pm

I couldn’t agree more another sensational evening listening to Gordon play in his unique and breathtaking style. As always, we were enthralled by his playing and entertained by his humorous recollections (and interesting revelations about the structure of his first band!)
We were able to see and hear the new “Polymer” guitar that we had heard so much about. Having overcome our prejudice towards a guitar coloured maroon and grey and made from the same material as bus shelters, we were impressed by Rob Armstrong’s craftsmanship and thought that the guitar performed at its best when “played hard” for Heartsong and Lucifer’s Cage at the end of the concert.
As always Dodo's Dream and God Save the Queen resulted in a tremendous response from the audience who were spellbound by Gordon's material. Even after a standing ovation and an encore we were all left wanting more!
We enjoyed a very warm welcome from all the people in Ashorne and a big thank you to everyone who worked hard to make the evening such a great success.

GORDON
Site Admin

THANKYOU .

Postby GORDON » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:28 pm

Hello Mr Adams.

THANKYOU SO much for those kind words and THANKYOU for that lovely gift.Most appreciated my friend.

My best to you Pauline and the family.

G.

BobScarle

Postby BobScarle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 pm

We were also at the concert in Ashorne last night. This is the second time we have seen Gordon, the first was at a very wet and cold Barmouth. Fabulous music! Thoroughly enjoyable. Again the highlight for me was Dodos Dream, a truely incredible piece. Marvelous stuff!!!!

Bob and Julie

simjen

Ashorne again

Postby simjen » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi all,

Forgot to say to pass on my thanks (if you can) to the organisers of the gig.

They did a great job and coped with the postal strike problems re tickets etc.

Hope they can organise another one next year.

See you all at Ansty?

Best Regards,

Simon.
Simon Jenny, long term fan.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”