Any videos of Gordon playing the Vintage VE2000GG 12-String?

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Oldbones

Any videos of Gordon playing the Vintage VE2000GG 12-String?

Postby Oldbones » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am

I've been touring Youtube for uploads which show Gordon - especially when he's playing a 12 string. Pretty well most of them identify his guitar as a Fylde ... but are there any of him playing the Vintage signature model that bears his name?

It strikes me as ironic that perhaps the best demo of this guitar has been uploaded with Paul Brett reviewing and praising it. 'Ironic', of course, because PB now has his own Vintage signature 12 string so the two guitars are effectively headstock-to-headstock!
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Any videos of Gordon playing the Vintage VE2000GG 12-Str

Postby Sue » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 am

Hi,

welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid there aren't many videos of the GG 12 string at the moment mainly because I don't get to that many gigs with my camera but try this:

http://youtu.be/stv9xJyo3ME

cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks Sue - very useful and great to see Gordon playing his signature instrument. (As you may have realised from other recent posts of mine - mostly in a chat with 'Brad' - I'm currently trying to compare the Vintage GG and PB 12 strings, so this upload is very handy).

Thanks again.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Sue wrote:I'm afraid there aren't many videos of the GG 12 string at the moment

Me again ... as part of my mooch through the treasures of Youtube, I've identified several examples of Gordon's Vintage 12 string being played - there's a truly brilliant demonstration of the guitar's sound in the upload which features a superb blending of 'Ferry across the Mersey' and 'Step inside love'.

I started a new thread for anyone who finds other uploads or who uploads one of their own

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1277

I also feature the Paul Brett Vintage 12 because I'm trying to decide which of the two guitars to buy.

Hope the YT links help folks.

Return to “Gordon's Music”