JHS/Vintage

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

JHS/Vintage

Postby Roger » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Just like to say how pleased I am with JHS/Vintage customer service, let alone their products!

A few days after collecting my LH-VTG100N travel guitar, I noticed quite a severe buzzing on the 9th fret, top E-string (can't think why it took me so long to get up that far up the fretboard!) - other than that the set-up wasn't at all bad. Anyway, I called JHS to discuss the problem and spoke to the guy who had set-up Gordon's travel guitar. They offered to take a look and I now have the guitar back after having the frets levelled and dressed FOC under warranty - now that's what I call great customer service :D

Great to have the guitar back too - it looks good, sounds good and is so versatile :D

Now to experiment with some different strings and fit a pick-up :)

Best to all,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: JHS/Vintage

Postby GORDON » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Roger wrote:Just like to say how pleased I am with JHS/Vintage customer service, let alone their products!

A few days after collecting my LH-VTG100N travel guitar, I noticed quite a severe buzzing on the 9th fret, top E-string (can't think why it took me so long to get up that far up the fretboard!) - other than that the set-up wasn't at all bad. Anyway, I called JHS to discuss the problem and spoke to the guy who had set-up Gordon's travel guitar. They offered to take a look and I now have the guitar back after having the frets levelled and dressed FOC under warranty - now that's what I call great customer service :D

Great to have the guitar back too - it looks good, sounds good and is so versatile :D

Now to experiment with some different strings and fit a pick-up :)

Best to all,

Roger

Dear Roger.

Hoorah...what a result...thanks buddy, I shall let JHS know about your posting buddy.

Be Well.

G..

Oldbones

Re: JHS/Vintage

Postby Oldbones » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

Just chipping-in with high praise for the Vintage range of Les Paul style guitars. Everyone knows of the V100 'Lemon Drop' which, as far as I know, is one of only two commercially produced guitars which is pre-wired for that cross-phase effect that featured in so many early Peter Green recordings. Thankfully, Vintage now produce the other cross-wired model as a non-distressed (ie: no daft fake ageing) version.

However - my main praise HAS to go to the basic Vintage V100 range. I have an 'Iced Tea' V100 which is a lovely instrument and was definitely NOT a wallet-buster at £229

In the near future I hope to buy either a Vintage Gordon Giltrap signature 12 string or a Vintage Paul Brett signature 12 string .... so I think I can rightly claim to be a bit of a fan of the Vintage line.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”