Late returners at Sidmouth

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Jon G

Late returners at Sidmouth

Postby Jon G » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 pm

I can't get to Sidmouth Folk Festival this year, though I wish I could as two long-absent people are there.

Nic Jones apparently played yesterday with his son and a couple of others. One of the best "trad" guitar players, seriously injured in a car crash after a gig a few years after we booked him in Cambridge for a couple of visits '71 and '72. Must have taken a lot of courage to come back, so all power to his elbow.

And Shelagh McDonald, who sang for us in March 1972, just a month before she mysteriously disappeared for several decades, is apparently back singing again. She was a lovely person, great singer-songwriter and a really good guitarist. A shame I couldn't get to see her as she owes me a pint.
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Late returners at Sidmouth

Postby GORDON » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

I never had the pleasure of meeting Nic Jones, but I was responsible for turning him on to Fylde guitars in the early 70's.

As you say, a truly gifted musician.

Shelagh Macdonald and I were friends in the late 60's.

She was a lovely person and so talented.

Glad she's back singing bless her!

Be well.

G.

Return to “More Music”