COMMONWEAL SCHOOL SWINDON

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

ColinB

COMMONWEAL SCHOOL SWINDON

Postby ColinB » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:38 pm

Another memorable evening in the company of GG. It seems that it does not matter what the location is, it feels like you are sat in your lounge with G playing just for you.

Until now I haven't really had a favourite piece, but having heard Dodo's Dream for the first time (two and a bit times in one performance). And having to buy a CD with it on for my wife, which has been on so many times since, many thanks for supplying Hilary, I now have a piece which just dominates, at least until I hear another new track!

G opened the evening with support from the "Workshop Band" which must have been a real thrill for them all.

Having recently started to learn classical guitar I spent the evening amazed at Gs skill with all things stringed, though disappointed he had to get someone else to perform a YoYo piece.

Many thanks to G & H and of course to all those at Commonweal for a fabulous evening.

Regards

Colin

fingerlock

Postby fingerlock » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi Colin

Couldnt agree more, although I arrived late(crossed wires about start times) I thoroughly enjoyed it. I brought two friends who had never seen Gordon live before and they were a bit gobsmacked.
You are right Dodos dream is an awesome piece of music and I never tire of hearing it, though it is better if you can hear it live.
Also you may already know this but if you go to Youtube and type in Dodos dream you can watch it being played over and over, plus lots of other songs

Ed

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:51 pm

a BIG thankyou to both of you for attending the concert on Saturday, and I'm delighted that you enjoyed The Dodo so much. I will get round to developing more material using the Loop Station as it's an amazing tool. The secret is to do something completely different next time.

Be Well gentlemen.

G.

fingerlock

Postby fingerlock » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:20 pm

You are most welcome

By the way Fingerlock is Eddie in case you hadnt realised

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Hello Ed.

Yep, knew it was you!

Love to the family.