Tommy Emmanuel

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

Tommy Emmanuel

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I was with my friend Tommy last night at Brum Town Hall. Tommy just get's better with age.This man is without a doubt THE greatest guitar /entertainer the world has ever seen.Great playing. Great Tunes. Great on stage prescence and charisma. This man deserves the sell out audiences he gets around the world.One of the most generous and gracious people on the planet.

Be Well Tommy, we luv ya brother.

G.

piotrwargan

Re: Tommy Emmanuel

Postby piotrwargan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 am

Just wanted to say that it seems that Tommy Emmanuel likes our town as he has been here several times (Anna and I saw three of his concerts here) - and on all of these occassions he was just GREAT :-)

mike cgp

Postby mike cgp » Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Gordon, Glad to see you're a fan of Tommys. I did a workshop with him a while ago (only two turned up!!) and have met him on many occasions, I am sure you would agree he is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. Hope his health is a little better now. Regards, Mike.

ray in glasgow

Postby ray in glasgow » Tue May 15, 2012 12:42 am

How about YOU and Tommy get together and knock out a few of them there tunes?

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 am

I would love it!

You suggest it next time you see him!

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue May 15, 2012 6:44 am

mike cgp wrote:Hi Gordon, Glad to see you're a fan of Tommys. I did a workshop with him a while ago (only two turned up!!) and have met him on many occasions, I am sure you would agree he is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. Hope his health is a little better now. Regards, Mike.

Hi Mike.

That must have been a long time ago, as folk turn out in their hundreds to see the great man these days!

Thanks for posting.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 am

piotrwargan wrote:Just wanted to say that it seems that Tommy Emmanuel likes our town as he has been here several times (Anna and I saw three of his concerts here) - and on all of these occassions he was just GREAT :-)

Hello my Polish friends.

Tommy is my hero!

G.

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 am

Hello,

Tommy Emmanuel is back in town on 8 November! Ania and I have front row seats and will be wearing our elegant, black, well ironed Gordon Giltrap T-shirts with pride! Maybe there will be a chance to get his autograph on Tommys CD we've got.

All the best from PL,

Piotr

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello Piotr

Please say hello to the great man if you can from his pals Gordon and Hilary here in the UK.

He will of course be as sensational as ever.

Be Well.

G.

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Dear Gordon,
I will be honored to do this! The chances of meeting Tommy Emmanuel are quite good: there is a meet&greet event before the concert (I have sent a necessary e-mail some days ago and have just received an invitation, so let us wait and see what happens ;-).

Very warm regards from PL,
Piotr

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Dear Gordon,

Greetings delivered! Now Tommy sends his greetings to Hilary and you! He mentioned your meeting early this year in England. So it really did happen and I was among the 20 lucky people who got the invitation (mostly young guitarists with their shiny guitars that were autographed by Tommy Emmanuel). Ania was working till late yesterday, but managed to be on time for the concert (so I invited my friend’s son to use her place for the meet&greet). The show was an explosion of energy and fun and it seemed that Tommy would love to go on playing much longer than planned. After a song in which he used his guitar and one of microphones as percussion instruments, he explained how he creates the rhythm with his hands and a drummer brush, and said straight to the microphone inside the guitar: „My name is Bond, James Bond” :-) (sounded like Sean Connery).

So, it was my great honour to deliver your greetings, to wear GG T-shirt for a meeting with Tommy Emmanuel (he noticed it instantly).

All the best from your fans,

Piotr (on behalf of the whole group)

PS Tommy sang 3 songs during the concert. In relation to singing, I'd like to say that I recently I bought the CD "A testament of time". Some songs reminded me of the style of very first album by Genesis and Ania thought of Simon and Garfunkel.
P.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Piotr.

Bless you for passing on my best to the great man,which he truly is.He is without doubt THE greatest performing guitarist in the world,and I feel privileged to call him friend.

THANKYOU for wearing the T shirt.....I'm humbled by that,I truly am.Glad that old vocal album still gives you pleasure my friend.

Love to you all,over there in Poland.

Your friend.

Gordon.

Return to “More Music”