Another instrument to consider

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Paganwolf

Another instrument to consider

Postby Paganwolf » Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Morning all, just got back from my monthly string buying session and while there, I had opportunity to have a little tazz on an Epiphone SST classic, now we arent talking a state of the art bespoke instrument here and it definately isnt an Ovation, but in my humble opinion, for a single cut away with pick up built in for less than £250, it's certainly worth a look if you in the market for a nylon strung in this price bracket, now ....... time to restring the fleet, see you all next week lol

Best regards all
Witches ride brooms as nature abhores a vacuum

Roger

Re: Another instrument to consider

Postby Roger » Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Paganwolf,

I had a look at a demo of this guitar on youtube - very interesting! Although I've now got steel-strung electric and acoustic guitars I still play a little Hondo nylon strung which my partner bought for me in 2004, when I was trying to play again after many years. I play it with a pick (bad technique I know!), so I was pleased to see that some of the demo showed the guy using a pick too! Something I might consider if I had the funds and space :)

Be interested to know your string preferences.

All the best,

Roger

Paganwolf

Re: Another instrument to consider

Postby Paganwolf » Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Roger

My preference is Steel to be honest, although I'm dusting off my classical skills (dusting off? more like a major cleaning exercise). I look at the videos of people playing classical on Youtube and am in total awe of the skill they have, then I look at players using steel strung guitars and realise there is a different skill set which again is more akin to an electric guitar but pick ups muddy complex picking on an electric guitar as the tonal values are changed, both appeal but I would say steel edges it. The one I tried was the classical version though which really impressed me, I am resisting the urge to try the steel strung Atkins version as I would probably end up buying it lol

Best regards
Witches ride brooms as nature abhores a vacuum

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”