Hello From Nashville!

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Jeffery

Hello From Nashville!

Postby Jeffery » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Hello everybody! I just recently joined this group, well, today actually...I read an article about Gordon's Echoes Of Heaven album on the Cross Rhythms website, and I went to ITunes right away and bought it. Such a beautiful expression by everyone involved, it will take several more listens to collect my thoughts and feelings about it! For now, I'll just say Bravo to the musicians, and Praise to the One to whom Praise is due ( to paraphrase John Coltrane)!
Gordon, being a long-time listener to Bert Jansch and John Renbourn, I've certainly enjoyed your music for years, and feel that you belong to that rare group who transcend their instruments and become musicians ( as opposed to "guitar players, mandolin players, etc..). Here in Nashville, we have players like Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas, and Chris Thile, who are also known for their
music as much as for their instrumental chops ....Before I go on, I must also thank you and tell you how much I appreciated your written thoughts on the passing ( or passage) of Bert and Loren Jansch. I can be found on the internet under the name of Janschfan because of the inspiration his music and life has been on me over the years..
Anyway, briefly, I am a 57 year old guitar and mandolin player here in Nashville. I mostly play in the genre of what's called "Americana" ,which basically means we play what we feel and leave the labels to the media. I'm totally loving listening to your music on Rhapsody and ITunes, and learning more about you through your fantastic website! Do you have any plans to tour the States sometime soon? I'd love to attend one of your concerts, as I'm sure most musicians in town would. You would sound great in the Ryman Auditorium here...Plus, I would enjoy treating you to some Traditional Southern ( U.S.) cooking.
So to end here, may I wish you and your family all the best, and much success with Echoes Of Heaven..Masterpiece!

Jeffery Dunn
Nashville, Tennessee
USA

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Hello From Nashville!

Postby GORDON » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Dear Jeffery.

Welcome sir.It is SO nice to hear from one of our American cousins.

Needless to say how delighted I am to read your posting and praise me in such high order, and to be mentioned alongside Jerry Douglas is indeed an honour.

I have told my record company of your posting and your praise for"Echoes" ....they will be delighted!

I would love to play in Nashville...Can you organise it sir... :D

Keep on posting as it's a delight to hear from you.

Be Well sir.

G.

Jeffery

Postby Jeffery » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Hello Gordon (and everybody else)!
Thank you for your kind reply. I hope you had a wonderful and fun birthday! Wow, I've never booked the Ryman, but if I did, you would sound superb in there. I'll tell you one thing, there would be a abundance of players at any show you did in Nashville. Bert Jansch was very pleased at his reception here in town, when he opened up for Neil Young.
I listened again to Echoes Of Heaven this morning. I must say how impressive the engineering and mastering of these songs are. Your guitar sounds so full and lively, and sits in a co-operative position in the mix where it's beauty shines without overshadowing the vocal, or the lyrics themselves. My complements to those responsible!
I' ll keep hoping for an American tour from you in the future. It would be my great pleasure to see and hear you. Till then, take care and be blessed!

Jeffery

Jon G

Postby Jon G » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Gordon Giltrap and Béla Fleck ... now there's a dream team!
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Jeffery

Postby Jeffery » Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 am

Jon G wrote:Gordon Giltrap and Béla Fleck ... now there's a dream team!

Seriously.......the mind and ears boggle at the thought.....

Jeffery

Jon G

Postby Jon G » Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 am

I heard the Flecktones at their only English gig a few years ago. Magic.
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Return to “Gordon's Music”