GG SIGNATURE GUITAR MIA AWARD WINNER

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

GG SIGNATURE GUITAR MIA AWARD WINNER

Postby Sue » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 pm

NEWSFLASH - GG SIGNATURE GUITAR MIA AWARD WINNER

The Music Industries Association is delighted to announce the results of the MIA Music Awards 2011.

Winner of the The Guitar Techniques Acoustic Guitar of the Year category is the Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap signature Guitar by John Hornby Skewes & Co.Ltd. :D

The awards have become a major celebration for the whole industry, honouring the best selling and most reliable and innovative products and retail initiatives in the UK and celebrating the top individuals and organisations within the musical instrument industry.

In what has been a challenging year for the industry the MIA Music Awards provide a much needed opportunity to acknowledge the professionals and organisations who continue to drive forward creativity and innovation.

The awards ceremony, supported by media partners Classic FM, Future Publishing and MIPro took place at London's prestigious Marriott Grosvenor Square Hotel on Wednesday 30 November 2011.

The awards featured 25 categories in total celebrating and rewarding success in every sector of our industry.

Congratulations to Gordon, Rob and JHS and thanks to everyone for your support of this wonderful guitar.

There will be a full review of the event in the January News page, and Gordon will post more about it here as soon as he can.

Sue
GG webmaster

scottj1

Re: GG SIGNATURE GUITAR MIA AWARD WINNER

Postby scottj1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 pm

What a great result!

It really is a great guitar all round and a credit to all the people who were involved in bringing it to fruition.

I love mine and it's clear so do many others!!

Great news Gordon

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Congratulations to Gordon and Rob!
Having been lucky enough to play one I can only say they made the right choice. A lovely acoustic at a decent price. I'm sure it will go on from strength to strength as time goes on.
JHS must be very proud of this great instrument and very happy that they managed to get a Gordon Giltrap signature guitar.
Bob and Jane
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 am

Well, to be honest it just confirms what the rest of us have known for a long time!!! A great luthier, a great guitar, and a great player, and finally a great company that recognises that there is a commercial future in supporting excellence!

keithmeredith

Postby keithmeredith » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Hear hear to that, Russ. I couldn't have put it better me'self.

Roger

Postby Roger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am

Russ Gannicott wrote:Well, to be honest it just confirms what the rest of us have known for a long time!!! A great luthier, a great guitar, and a great player, and finally a great company that recognises that there is a commercial future in supporting excellence!

Well said Russ! Both great guys of outstanding ability, and very modest too!

GORDON
Site Admin

THANKYOU.

Postby GORDON » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:32 am

I would just like to say a big THANKYOU to you all for your nice comments and for sharing in the good news about this wonderful guitar winning the MIA award. It means a lot to me and to Rob also.

Be Well all.

G.

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 pm

I know its a few years late, but many congratulations! :D
Tom McCauley

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”