Triumvirate

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

ElMystico

Triumvirate

Postby ElMystico » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Is there any information about Triumvirate Productions?
I know they did some of Gordon's early albums, and one by Juan Martin; but what else did they do?

Thanks!

Mike Stranks

Re: Triumvirate

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Greetings and welcome to the Discussion Board. :)

As you may well have discovered, you don't get very much appropriate stuff if you search for Triumvirate.

However if you put "Rod Edwards, Roger Hand and Jon Miller" into Google you'll find lots more relevant stuff. They also produced another big album of the 70's, "The Butterfly Ball and The Grasshoppers' Feast" as well as working with several of the names/groups that were big in the Christian music scene at the time - e.g. Nutshell, Adrian Snell and Larry Norman.

Rod Edwards played keys at Gordon's Birmingham Symphony Hall Concert a few years ago.

HTH. Mike
The older I get, the better I used to be

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:...as well as working with several of the names/groups that were big in the Christian music scene at the time - e.g. Nutshell, Adrian Snell and Larry Norman.

Rod Edwards played keys at Gordon's Birmingham Symphony Hall Concert a few years ago.

HTH. Mike

A lot of Adrian Snell's mid 70s work is typically Triumvirate sounding. His rock opera "The Passion" has a similar sound to the giltrap "prog-era" albums and features GG and the GG Band as backing musos. Alongside the amazing Dzal ("Diesel") Martin and Kevin Peek on Guitars. If you like the sound of PJ, Visionary and FotD then it's worth a look.

Other Triumvirate produced work with Snell had more of a mainstream piano-playing singer songwriter sound.

Jon Millar tried to promote a Beatles musical in the west end a while back but it never took off. Ironically a few years later you couldn't move for productions where an aartists songs were tagged together with a tenuous story line ("We Will Rock You", "Our House", "Mama Mia" etc etc). Timing is everything, I guess!

Also, wasn't Rod Edwards the Musidcal Director of the London Blood Brothers production for quite some time?

ElMystico

Postby ElMystico » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Gordon's Music”