I'm sure it's PMT

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

John Adams

I'm sure it's PMT

Postby John Adams » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:20 pm

We have seen Gordon in some unusual venues, churches, abbeys, village halls, even once on the pavement in a shopping centre during a thunder storm but Thursday’s concert at PMT in Birmingham was one of the most unusual! Gordon played a full set on a raised stage in front of huge speakers with a large fan blowing his hair back across his face (very rock ’n roll) around the walls there was a display of over 500 electric guitars, in a separate area (dedicated to the memory of the great Eric Roche) there was a large display of acoustic guitars.
Gordon received a huge welcome and we were rewarded by some great guitar playing and a selection of his humorous recollections. He played many of our favourites including, Dublin Day, At Giltrap’s Bar, Angie, Appalachian Dreaming, On Camber Sands, Here Comes The Sun, God Save The Queen and the latest version of Dodo’s Dream, before finishing with Heartsong and Lucifer’s Cage.
Gordon enthralled the audience with something we hadn’t heard before called “Splinter” which seemed to involve playing a sequence of notes at incredible speed – I wonder if this will turn into a new project like Dodo’s Dream? He is working on a CD with Rick Wakeman, for those of us who saw them play together at Symphony Hall this will be well worth the wait!
The venue was wonderful with a great welcome from all the staff at PMT, Gordon enthralled the audience with his expert playing and unique talent, the entrance price included refreshments and a light buffet what more could we ask?

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:32 pm

This pic was taken at the recent PMT event.

Any advance on £2799 for a second hand guitarist in very good condition with own glow in the dark plectrum?? :lol: You even get a certain Mr Clapton thrown in as part of the backing band....

Sue

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey John.

Thanks my friend, and as ever my best to you both and trust the wedding went well!

G.

Colin F

Postby Colin F » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:16 pm

A GLOW IN THE DARK PLECTRUM ??! Oh Wow ! I have gorra get one of them !!! or maybe a dozen, the rate I loose 'em.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”