ROB ARMSTRONG FIRE.

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

ROB ARMSTRONG FIRE.

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Dear friends

I have just been told by his partner Sheila that Rob Armstrong's workshop was destroyed by fire on Sunday, he has minor burns and is at present is in hospital undergoing treatment. The good news is that he's fine and his precious stock of timber wasn't touched. His tools were all destroyed as were other irreplaceable items of value, but knowing Rob, this won't keep him down for long.

Please feel free to send your best get well wishes via this FORUM. I KNOW he will appreciate the fact that all his friends and admirers of his outstanding guitars are thinking of him and Sheila at this time.

This is rotten news but...it's an ill wind and all that!

Get well soon our Robbie.

G.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Sheila, Rob,

SO sorry to hear the news of your workshop fire from Gordon. All I can say is luckily at least it sounds as if you aren't seriously hurt even though I'm sure the effects will be devastating for you -losing all your tools etc must be heart breaking.

Hoping you are soon on the mend and able to start work again before too long - and Armstrong Guitars will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Take it easy,
Sue and Mike
GG webmaster

GORDON
Site Admin

ROB ARMSTRONG FIRE.

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks Sue,

I'm sure you will be the first of many well wishers for Robbie. He hasn't had an easy ride these past two or three years what with one thing and another. I know it's life but....

Get Well soon our Rob.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Rob

We had the pleasure of meeting you at Gordon's 60th party - I remember that you were particularly modest when we got onto the subject of Gordon's baritone guitar!

Very sorry to hear about the fire and your resulting injuries. As Sue says, the loss of all of your tools must be a big blow. My Father was a toolmaker during his working life so I understand how important these are to a craftsman.

We wish you a speedy recovery and hope to meet you again sometime in the future.

Best wishes to you and Sheila,

Roger & Em

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:28 pm

We were so sorry to hear of this terrible blow to Robbie and Sheila but like everyone else, relieved to hear that Robbies injuries are not as severe as they could have been. Rob's remarkable strength of character will see him through this disaster and we can all be sure that whatever the future holds for him it will be what he chooses!

Rob's contribution in the past to the music we all love can never be underestimated and I'm pretty sure a workshop fire will not prevent him being a huge contributing force in the future.

Good luck Rob, we're all right behind you mate!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Rob/Sheila
We are so sorry to hear of the workshop fire and the loss of what are probably long used and irreplaceable tools and other items. Not losing your acoustic timber stock must be a small comfort, but we know that every craftsman gets attached to their own tools of the trade.
We are glad to hear that you escaped with only minor injuries and wish you a speedy recovery. With the love and support of Sheila and the good wishes of your many friends and fans, we are sure that you will be back making those amazing guitars very soon. Good luck with rebuilding your workshop to its former glory and hopefully replacing your tools with something comparable to the old ones.
Our good wishes go out to you.
Be well both and get well soon
Bob and Jane
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

J and L

Postby J and L » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Wishing the Rob-master and his best girl a speedy recovery from the bad times. Positive thoughts are coming your way for EVERYTHING good, which is just around the corner!
Hang in there, :) .
Love & Light,
Jacqui + Larry

keithmeredith

Postby keithmeredith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Rob & Sheila,

I trust that the positive thoughts and prayers of support from family, friends and fans alike will lift your spirits and inspire you to carry on in fine British style.

We wish you a speedy recovery ,sir - get well soon.

Keith & Fiona Meredith

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks everyone.

Please see my posting on the CONCERTS page.

Many Thanks.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Just caught up on this news - how terrible. So glad to hear that Rob's physically not so badly affected and on the mend - always the most important thing in a case like this. But, as others have said the loss in terms of the investment (personal, emotional and practical) in the destruction of the workshop and Rob's tools can't be under-estimated. both of our thoughts and prayers are with Rob and his family. Like others, we're sure that he will rise above this adversity and continue making some of the world's most fabulous instruments.

TimH

Postby TimH » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 pm

What a terrible event. All our thoughts and best wishes to Rob and Sheila for his recovery from the physical burns, the emotional impact of losing his tools and the impact on his business and livelihood. If nothing else could hasten his recovery then surely the enormous appreciation of his instruments and the joy they have brought to many thousands of people in the hands of artists like Gordon will give him strength. We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to perhaps Gordon being able to play a tune or two on his first post-disaster instrument before it goes to it's new owner (just a thought Gordon!)

T&N

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:42 am

I haven't been around for a while so am very late in the day in learning of the terrible misfortune suffered by Rob and Sheila.

I do hope that Rob is now fully physically recovered from the burns, and mentally healing from the trauma of the ordeal. I also hope that he is easing his way back in to his luthier activities at his own pace. Does anyone have an update on how he is now we are a few months on from the incident?

Return to “General Chat”