Article on the new GG signature guitar...

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Trevor Raggatt

Article on the new GG signature guitar...

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 am

...in the current issue of "Gear" magazine - the promotional magazine for JHS/Vintage guitars. Features an interview with the man himself and lots of details on these new instruments. Mmmmmm... look truly lovely and VERY distinctively Armstrong/Giltrap creations. And the prices! Blimey! A steal. I'm sorely, sorely tempted by a Vintage GG 12-string model. OK, I'll be honest I'm also sorely tempted by a Vintage GG 6-string model too.

Hmmm, time to sell the cat. And we don't even own a cat!

You'll find copies of Gear available free at your local guitar and musical instrument emporium. Picture of Paul Weller looking all moody on the cover.

Jon G

Postby Jon G » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm amazed how they can produce a signature model that cheap - assuming it lives up to prototype expectations, of course. I reckon that's about the equivalent price of a Yammy FG180 back in the 70s, and that was head and shoulders above the Ekos, Hofners and other acoustics in that price range.

I echo the sentiment that guitarists are spoiled for choice now.
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm guessing that the cost savings kick in from the use of overseas (specifically far-eastern) manufacture. The days when "Made in Korea" on a guitar was a huge red flag are now long gone. Quality control has risen so much that there are some really good quality bits of acoustic kit coming out of that region at very reasonable high street prices.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:16 pm

If any of you haven't got a copy and would like this issue of Gear magazine, I've got some spare copies - please send me a Private message first ( just so I can keep a tally of numbers and give you my address ) then if you send me an A4 stamped ( large letter rate ) addressed envelope I'll pop one in the post. Lots of interesting articles / info as well as GG !

cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

Richard716

Postby Richard716 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi,

I found an online copy but can not see the article, any clues!

http://www.jhs.co.uk/Gear23.pdf

Cheers, Richard

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Richard,

this linkdoesn't seem to open the right issue - PM me if you'd like me to post you a copy,

Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”