Smarden Concert - 2 June

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Jim W

Smarden Concert - 2 June

Postby Jim W » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:03 pm

I was lucky enough to be at this gig on Saturday and would like to thank Gordon for a memorable evening. Special thanks for repeating "The Dodo's Dream" in the second half - with explanation as to the mechanics of it. It was nice chatting at "half-time" and thanks for signing the DVD, which is brilliant.
Best wishes - Jim W

peterl

Postby peterl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:48 pm

I couldn't get to Smarden in the end Gordon, even though it's only a few miles from me. Hope to see you in concert again one day.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Jim.

I had been looking forward to Saturday for months, and I'm pleased it all went well. It was good speaking with you also Sir.

Be Well.

G.

John C

Postby John C » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Hello Gordon,

I was priviledged to be at your concert with Jim W and our repective wives on Saturday at Smarden - we had travelled from Essex some 60 miles to see you and were not disappointed! You may remember we spoke briefly about Levin guitars.

Thank you for playing our requests, especially A Christmas Carol - I am attempting to learn this as my wife (andI) love the tune but I will not play it out at our local clubs until I can do it justice (may be sometime!). Like you, I am self taught and have been playing some 50 years but have never come close to your level of playing which never ceases to amaze me.

Lovely concert at Smarden, thanks again.

Regards

John C

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi John,

Being the Anorak that I am I can talk for England about guitars. It was indeed good to chat about such things, and I'm pleased you enjoyed that old chestnut of mine. I hope you get it under the fingers soon so you can share it at you local club. I'm always flattered when people want to play my material.

Be Well Sir.

Gordon.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Peter.

Next time eh pal!

Best.

G.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi all,

pictures from this gig are now online in the Gallery Section - here:

http://tinyurl.com/34tfkb

Enjoy! :D

Sue

denval

Gordon at Smarden Kent

Postby denval » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:37 am

Both Val and I enjoy Gordon's Music and we have ventured to many new venues and parts of the UK to see him.

The Village of Smarden, is situated a few miles from the busy town of Asford Kent. However those few miles hide a "Chocolate Box" English Village, complete with thatched roofs and Oast Houses.

The Community has worked hard to bring about the construction of a New Village Hall and an extremely nice small Music and Drama Venue.

Gordon has previously played at concerts aimed at raising funds for the new hall.

When we arrived the new hall was well appointed and equipped. A lighting engineer had set up numerous varilights on and around the stage. This combined with lots of stage smoke, gave the impression of a Pink Floyd Concert in full swing.

The Villagers and Visitors like ourselves, then sat back to an evening of Gordon's hand crafted music and anecdotes.

He played a wide repetoire including Rainbow Kites right the way through to the Dodo's Dream Workshop. This was received so well that an encore was required.

It was encouraging to see a number of children in the audience, who may well become the musicians of the future.

The Combination of the English Countryside, the new Venue and Gordon's unique music, made for a memorable evening for all who attended.

Denis and Valerie Teulon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”