DAVY GRAHAM RIP

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Terry60

Postby Terry60 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Mike,
thanks for your concern, but I was just a disinterested observer, not the target of any abuse. I moderate on another site (PC technical support) where I wouldn't (don't) tolerate such rudeness (Ah ! the power of the "ban").

My Series 7 Ferrograph is as close by me as the Levin (on the other side) though sadly, just a useless grey box at present. When I last came to use it (after a decade or more of idleness) it ground to a halt after a few minutes as the idler wheel drive surface disintegrated. Several hours of cleaning out the gunge and even more of internet research revealed it to be one of a small batch with a "defective" resin compound on the 3 idler wheels and the capstan pinch roller. I forked out £70 for replacements from the man who claimed to be the owner of the now-defunct marque spares supply, but never saw or heard of him, the spares or my money, ever again.
I did locate a man in Cornwall who refurbishes the bits, but couldn't justify the £90 (then) on top of the previous loss, to my wife for something that is basically just a museum piece. (Though I would like to rip some of my reel-to-reel stuff to MP3)
I'll see you in the "anoraks" with a post I'm contemplating about strings.
Terry
1966 Levin Super Goliath 466098

Terry60

Postby Terry60 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 am

The "Guitar Heroes" series I mentioned earlier is being repeated on BBC4 late every night this week.
Davy Graham is mentioned in the Radio Times for Friday's program.
If I remember correctly, he might be in the previous program too (Thu).
Unfortunately if you've not been watching, you've just missed in tonight's episode, the very youthful GG in a 34 year old Whistle Test, playing Lucifer's Cage on an Ovation.
Terry

1966 Levin Super Goliath 466098

Return to “More Music”