Tommy Fest

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

DavidMillar

Tommy Fest

Postby DavidMillar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Anyone going to the Tommy Fest event in Harrow Arts Centre ?

Workshops and concert by both Gordon and Tommy E - I'm flying over from N Ireland to go on the 7th March - really looking forward to the event.
David Millar

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 am

Mike and I will be there,

Sue
GG webmaster

J and L

Postby J and L » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Yep, us also Sue. Want to see how Mr E shapes up :!: We already know what the other bloke can do :wink:
Love & Light,
J & L

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi J & L.

Yep, Tommy will not dissapoint. Just imagine Jimmy Hendrix on acoustic and with an equally dynamic stage show and you have Tommy and even then it comes nowhere close. Check him out on YOUTUBE....He's amazing...and a nice guy.

LTYB.

G.x

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Tommy Fest

Postby GORDON » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 pm

DavidMillar wrote:Anyone going to the Tommy Fest event in Harrow Arts Centre ?

Workshops and concert by both Gordon and Tommy E - I'm flying over from N Ireland to go on the 7th March - really looking forward to the event.

David it will be great to see you sir.

Be Well.

G.

Sunset Johnson

Postby Sunset Johnson » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Hey Gordon - This feels like something really special, hope to be there on the Sunday.

Paul
www.sunsetjohnson.com
New Acoustic Music

keithmeredith

Postby keithmeredith » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Hope all you guys enjoy Tommyfest.

Unfortunately can't make weekend Fest but Fiona and I are looking forward to seeing Mr.E on Tuesday 9th March at De Montfort Hall in Leicester.

Take care all,

Keith

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 am

Sunset Johnson wrote:Hey Gordon - This feels like something really special, hope to be there on the Sunday.

Paul

See you there buddy.

Love to the family.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

keithmeredith wrote:Hope all you guys enjoy Tommyfest.

Unfortunately can't make weekend Fest but Fiona and I are looking forward to seeing Mr.E on Tuesday 9th March at De Montfort Hall in Leicester.

Take care all,

Keith

Hi Keith.

What a shame we won't see you both...ALWAYS a joy to see your smiling face at my concerts.

My best to you Both.

G.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 am

A great time was had by all at TommyFest yesterday. Tommy was on top form and bursting with energy as always - I enjoy watching the faces of Tommy "virgins" trying to get their heads around what they are seeing ! No "Initiation" played though, which was a shame.

Our very own Gordon was also in great shape, giving a workshop and then opening the evening concert to great applause. Dodo being the scene stealer here as usual - this being so completely different from the other music that was played over the weekend won him many new fans.

There was a large GG contingent in the audience, special mentions must go to:

The great guitarist John Etheridge, member of 4 Parts Guitar
Rob and Sheila Armstrong ( Gordons guitar maker, Tommy virgins no longer )
Jacqui and Larry ( celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary that night )
Geoff and Cath Olner - down from Sheffield
David Millar - flew over from N. Ireland ( nice to finally meet you ! )
Rick and Val Payman ( long time no see )
A young man ( sorry missed your name ) down from Glasgow, who is now a confirmed GG fan
Apologies if I missed anyone off the list !!

Perhaps someone, David maybe ? would like to write a proper review for the website ??
Cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

DavidMillar

Tommy Fest

Postby DavidMillar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:01 am

Sue,

My pleasure - nice to meet you in person too - thanks for sharing cakes and conversation !

The Harrow Arts concert was a super way to end what had been for me quite a busy day.

I think what stood out in this concert was the way all the artists engaged the audience with their performances. Thats what it really is all about.

Two jokes from stage I will remember - Tommy's banjo/star trek line and Gordon's partial capo line (first showed GG one of these in Newtownards a few years back I believe).

I had seen Frank Vignola and his trio last year perform with Tommy in the US so had a fair idea what to expect - really slick and tight - some amazing chordal and solo lines from these guys. It was also a treat for me to see Gordon's performance with a more complete array of instruments as I know there are often practical restrictions on what it is possible to bring when traveling overseas.

It was a pleasure to be there and made feel welcome too.

Best regards,

David
David Millar

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi David.

Great to see there my friend and THANKYOU for those kind words.

I had forgotten that it was indeed you who first showed me that partial capo. Since getting one I have written three pieces,which goes to show what a creative tool these capos are!

Be Well sir.

G.

Richard McHale

Tommyfest, Harrow

Postby Richard McHale » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:53 am

I just wanted to say how much my wife, my son and I enjoyed the performances on Sunday night. What a terrific line-up! Gordon Giltrap, Tommy and (unexpected bonus) the Frank Vignola Trio!! There's little else to say, except that it was fan-blinkin'-tastic!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Tommyfest, Harrow

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 am

Richard McHale wrote:I just wanted to say how much my wife, my son and I enjoyed the performances on Sunday night. What a terrific line-up! Gordon Giltrap, Tommy and (unexpected bonus) the Frank Vignola Trio!! There's little else to say, except that it was fan-blinkin'-tastic!

Dear Richard.

THANKYOU.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”