DIY pedal-board

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

TimH

DIY pedal-board

Postby TimH » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi Gordon, I hope you are well. I thought I might try and start a bit of chat about pedal-boards. Having surfed the internet a bit it seems you can pay a lot of money for what essentially need be no more than a plank of wood! Is your pedal-board a home-made jobbie? If so, have you any top tips for anyone planning to have a go at building one. I'm sure it's more than just a 'plank' of course and I've seen a few tips about ecomony features (for example, covering it with a Tesco Value door-mat which apparantly is absolutely top for velcro 'loop' tape to grab on to, as a means of securing pedals in place!)

Knowing your enthusiam for a little tinkering at home I thought it was worth asking.
All the best,
Tim

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi Tim

I'm sure Gordon will be along soon to say something about his latest pedalboard. It was made for him by Dale at Stagecraft and he's had it since August. For starters you can find some info about it in the 'September News Update' on this website.

You can also see photos of the build work in progress under 'Gallery' and 'Pedal Board Gallery'.

Hope that's enough to give you the basics.

Regards. Mike
The older I get, the better I used to be

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi Tim.

Do check out Dale. He's a great guy and I promise you will do a first class job. This new board layout has made my life SO much easier now that everything is in one place and pretty much hard wired in.

Hope life is being good to you and the family.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”