Bishops Itchington - Saturday 22nd August

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Bishops Itchington - Saturday 22nd August

Postby keithmeredith » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Gordon,

Fiona and I have just returned from this wonderful venue. It was quite sad to see the damage that time had caused to what in my ignorance I would describe as a traditional village church: but what a surprising contrast was to be found inside. The seating being arranged *sideways* gave everyone a clear view of the Troubador in action: a sparkling demonstration of the guitarist art that we hope has swelled the coffers of the tower restoration fund.

On our arrival it was nice to be greeted by Kaz and Malc manning the merch table.(If you are reading this Malc, thank you for your persistence in nagging Gordon and Rick to get together and produce what became*From Brush and Stone). We also spent a pleasant interval chatting to John and Pauline Adams. And Hillary of course.

We have been to a few Gordon Giltrap concerts - in fact I'm expecting the restraining order to arrive anytime - and although they are ALL special in their own way, when the audience is particularly appreciative of both the music and the banter - as they were here - then the result is something magical. I trust that this allows you to enjoy the evening even more, and further trust that it dispels any insecurities about whether you have given a good enough performance. YOU HAVE,SIR,AND YOU DO .......and how!!!!!!!

I was mildly disappointed that the marvelous 12 string had been mothballed for a while, but we left a throng of old and new GG friends very happy that our short holiday had had such a cracking start.

Our very best regards to both you and Hillary,
May your candles of life burn slowly.

Fiona and Keith x

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Dear Keith and Fiona.

It is always a pleasure to see you at one of my concerts.THANKYOU so much for those lovely words. I have to say that indeed 'something' magical was indeed going on on Saturday and I swear that I was only a small part of it!

What a great and appreciative audience you were....a gift to ANY artist, and how great to know that £1,800 had been raised for this worthy cause.

These beautiful old churches that are dotted throughout the English countryside must by whatever means remain a part of our heritage, and I feel very privileged to have been instrumental(excuse the pun) in helping towards the fund raising for the restoration of this lovely old church.

I hope your mini break was a good one, and I look forward to seeing you both at the next GG event close to your home.

Be Well Both.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”