Bulkington Village Centre

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Bulkington Village Centre

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 am

Gordon this was a sensational evening.

A particularly receptive and appreciative audience clearly created an atmosphere that produced an exceptional performance from you , Troubador - even by your high standards. Comments overheard from the audience around us tell us that there are a good number of new converts to the fan base. As Fiona and I left the venue we overheard one lady say that that was the best evening's entertainment she had witnessed in years.

Dodo's Dream demonstrated its "wow" factor to good effect and I approve of the new ending. Rosebury Topping is also developing nicely and I like that Ives Horizon seems to be making a more regular appearance.

Thank you so much for playing On Camber Sands for Fiona - a favorite of hers - and it was good to be introduced to John Adams and his other half Pauline. I spent a pleasant few minutes chatting with him in the interval and added my best wishes for his birthday. I look forward to meeting more forum members in the future.

All the best to you and Hillary and see you next week at Fringford.

Keith

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 pm

I look forward to meeting more forum members in the future.

Hi Keith,

Mike and I will be at Fringford - make sure you come and say hello, I expect I'll be helping on the merch desk, and / or taking photos 8)

Sue
GG webmaster

keithmeredith

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:12 pm

hi Sue,
See you there
Keith

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Keith.

What fun last night eh.... :D Great crowd, cracking venue, and friends and family in attendance...what more could one ask eh?

Smashing to see you there and glad Fiona enjoyed her dedication. my pleasure as always sir.

Be Well Both.

G.

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:41 pm

What more can I say – what a wonderful way to spend my Birthday, a day with my family followed by a Gordon Giltrap concert!! The venue was bursting at the doors with as many people turned away as tickets sold! As always many of our favourites played impeccably with the flare and dexterity that is displayed at all of Gordon’s concerts. Rosebury Topping although an old composition was new material to us and I for one was delighted that Gordon has continued to include “Angie” in his set not only as a tribute to Davy Graham but because Gordon plays it very well and I believe his is the best version of this classic tune. We really enjoyed Ives Horizon which seems to bring out the best in both Gordon and his 12 string Fylde, God Save The Queen on the baby Armstrong was a popular as ever and all in all a magnificent evening. The atmosphere was electric and the combination of friends, family and new converts to the music of Gordon Giltrap made for a great evening for everyone at the concert and I‘m sure Gordon will be back at Bulkington before long for another sell out concert! It was wonderful to meet fellow GG regulars and we both look forward to meeting Keith and Fiona soon at another venue. One thing puzzles me? How did anyone know it was my Birthday – Gordon may be using the words of Basil Fawlty “I mentioned it once bit I think I got away with it”. Many thanks to all concerned for a great concert!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi John.

THANKYOU SO much for attending last night and not only sharing your birthday with us but selling my merch also...How's that for friendship.

My best to you both guv and hope your birthday weekend continued in such a joyfull fashion.

Be Well.

Gordon.

Dave Warren

Bulkington

Postby Dave Warren » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm

WOW!!!!!!!

So I finally got to meet the phenomenon that is Gordon Giltrap!!!!!

I absolutley loved the evening, the sound quality from you little powered yamaha speakers was great, I was really suprised how true the acoustic sound and tone was despite going through your Boss multi effetcs pedal, it's got me thinking do I get the trusty old Zoom GFX8 out of the box!! I normally just use a Boss DD-7 delay which will loop a good 60 seconds of playback which does turn some heads as you did with Dodo's dream. Also the use of delay was awesome!!!!

But back the point it was a pleasure to meet you and a pleasure to be a part of such a great evening, I only hope you will be appearing in Bulkington again who know's maybe we'll play together some day.......

Thanks again

Dave
Thanks for reading and dont forget to check Myspace. www.myspace.com/djcwozza

Dave Warren.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Dave

Great speaking with you also sir.

Be Well and enjoy your Looping... :D

G

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”