GG Band?

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

DavidS

GG Band?

Postby DavidS » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Gordon, thankyou so much for two superb concerts of yours that I recently attended, namely Chadkirk Chapel and Pacific Road, you were brilliant!
My question though is this, what ever happened to the plans for the GG Band reunion to mark your 60th year? Have I missed something or was this not a serious consideration? As wonderful as it is to see/hear you in your acoustic glory, I and am sure many many others would dearly love to hear all those powerful and emotive tunes of yours in a fully blown band setting!
How about it Gordon? Perhaps Sue could organise a poll? All the very best, David Sephton

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi David.

I have seriously looked at the possibilty, have chatted with various promoters but no one is really interested in investing in it I'm afraid.

It would be VERY costly to put it all together and I couldn't do it off my own back.

If someone were to come along and say 'worry not we will arrange it all, pay the band, book the venues, organise the crew, book rehearsal rooms, pay a PR person,organise filming of a DVD to mark the occasion etc etc etc etc'.

THEN it would happen. Sadly you are stuck with just me on acoustic I'm afraid my friend, as much as I would love to recreate those albums from my long past glory days as a rock star...grin.. :D

Be Well sir.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:52 am

Gordon,

You know that would be my absolute dream tour too!! Don't worry, when I win the lottery I'll see you right for the tour. Of course, that masterplan is slightly complicated by the fact that I don't actually DO the lottery!! :lol:

Funny that the topic should come up right now. Just this last week I've been swapping e-mails with John G Perry and Johnny Gus on a feature article I'm hoping to put together for Bass Guitar Magazine!

Trevor

Roger

Postby Roger » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Gordon,

I must admit that when the idea of the GG Band reunion was mentioned I thought it was a good idea. However, in life sometimes people look to the past because the future and the present aren't what they might be. Not the case with you my friend - your live performances, new material and collaborations have so much to offer now and and I'm sure will have in the future. Take for example the brilliant "Dodo's Dream", which has really evolved since you started playing it (and of course the electric guitar :D) again.

Just my thoughts, but I'm very happy with GG of the present (and I'm sure Em is too!!).

Best wishes,

Roger

PS Trevor - as you are in contact with Johnny Gustafson can you find out what he's up to these days please?
Last edited by Roger on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Roger wrote:
PS Trevor - as you are in contact with Johnny Gustafson can you find out what he's up to these days please?

That was, naturally, one of the questions in the e-mail I sent!!!!! :D

And of course, I 100% agree with your sentiments about 21st Century Giltrap too - still, it was a tempting thought!

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am

Here's a little note from JG...

"Some time soon there will be a 7 track rock and roll album released by "Rowdy" entitled "Rockall", with Billy Bremner, Ray Fenwick and Jackie McAuley - Guitars, Les Binks - Drums, and me - Bass, Vocals, probably iTunes or similar.!"

Sounds like a bit of a kicking band!!

He's also been playing with "THE STAR COMBO", in recent years with Bill Griffiths, Tony Newman, Howie Casey and Roy Young.

are-jay-enn

GG Band

Postby are-jay-enn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Gordon

Would you do some Gordon Giltrap band concerts with young musicians rather than perhaps your original colleagues?

I do a lot of work in schools and colleges and it would make a good project to assemble a band from young musicians. It's the sort of thing you could possible get funding for - even broadcast air time. DVD and other releases would then follow on the back of that.

Richard

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Richard.

I think this is a great idea, obviously the players have got to be brilliant which I'm sure they are. In order to take this further we need more discussion time face to face.

Over to you sir.

Best of Regards.

G.

Plenz

Postby Plenz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm

I can only hope that this project will come true.

If I listen to "Heartsong" or "Lucifer's Cage" from "The Solo Album"... well, I think (forgive me, Gordon) they are nice, but they can not beat the glorious orchestra versions. And my All Time Number One Favorite Track "Roots part II" obviously has no solo version at all, and I guess why: it would loose too much.

How wonderful would it be to hear these tracks live!
youtube.com/watch?v=2pWQS__dW18

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”