Gordon Giltrap Band

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

supergenius

Gordon Giltrap Band

Postby supergenius » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 pm

If I read it correctly there is a possibility of getting the band back together next year. Well, i can guarantee a couple of ticket sales here if you do. GG and the band at Newcastle City Hall back in 1978 or 79 for the Perilous Journey tour was one of the first gigs i ever went to and it is still one of the best. I still have the programme from that concert so i must bring it along the next time i come to see you and get you to sign it 30 years after the event. God that sounds terrible - 30 years ago. If that makes me feel old, given that I was just a teenager then, what must that do for GG!

Well i think it is a bloody marvellous idea so go for it.

Simon

Hobo

Re: Gordon Giltrap Band

Postby Hobo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:39 am

supergenius wrote:If I read it correctly there is a possibility of getting the band back together next year. Well, i can guarantee a couple of ticket sales here if you do. GG and the band at Newcastle City Hall back in 1978 or 79 for the Perilous Journey tour was one of the first gigs i ever went to and it is still one of the best. I still have the programme from that concert so i must bring it along the next time i come to see you and get you to sign it 30 years after the event. God that sounds terrible - 30 years ago. If that makes me feel old, given that I was just a teenager then, what must that do for GG!

Well i think it is a bloody marvellous idea so go for it.

Simon

I'd add my support to that Simon. I recently remarked to Gordon that he was probably the first act I'd seen perform live (November 5th 1978, Croydon, Fairfield Halls) and it remains a vivid and very enjoyable memory. Albums of this era (Visionary, Perilous Journey, Fear Of The Dark), get plenty of airplay here and i would love the chance to hear these tracks performed live, with the band, once again.

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Thu May 17, 2007 10:54 pm

Hello Gordon,

Are you able to give us any news regarding reforming the band for another tour? The '78 line up was superb and I'm sure there would be a lot of support for such a venture. I understand these tours are costly and can be logistical headaches, but I for one would be willing to part with my hard earned to see you all on the same stage again.

Cheers,

Mick

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”