What's the title of this tune??!!

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

benwalker

What's the title of this tune??!!

Postby benwalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 am

I apologise for the somewhat cannibalisation of this - I don't recall the title and have only heard it a couple of times, but seem to recall being shown it at one of Gordon's workshops in Huntingdon Hall probably 10 years ago?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MRS8ZsRgmrU

Not quite sure whether the imitation/sincerest form of flattery remark applies here, but you get the idea..

Thanks and Hi!

benw

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:05 pm

EXCELLENT playing Ben of NURSERY CHIMES!

You play it as well as yours truly, and it sounds great on my favourite of guitars a FYLDE. Keep up the good work sir.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

benwalker

Postby benwalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:38 pm

That's the one... Thanks! For some reason I had it down as The Picnic, which it clearly isn't :oops:

It sounds better when not recorded on a camera phone! The Alchemist (tried a Taylor, Martin and Lowden and it blew them away), I've had for the past three weeks, having played a low-end Takamine for the past 12 years - and now can't put it down... which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned..

Thanks for the inspiration and feedback, and hope to catch a concert if you're south-east at any point.

Ben

Return to “Gordon's Music”