favourite compositions

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

scottj1

favourite compositions

Postby scottj1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 pm

hi gordon.one of my favourite compositions of yours is "elegy".i wondered if you have ever played it live due to it being quite"orchestrated"?best regards.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi Scott.

This is SO good to read that you have such a regard for one of MY personal favourites. I do indeed play it live from time to time. It is such a slow emotive piece that I have to catch the mood just right, not only for myself but my audience. Written in 1987 to the meter of a poem by Elizabeth Barker. Up until about two years ago the tuning for this piece was sacred to just that one piece, since then I have written two more pieces in the same tuning which is...E. A .C sharp. E. B .C sharp...ENJOY!

Be Well sir.

Gordon.

scottj1

elegy tuning

Postby scottj1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Thank heavens for that tuning info gordon! iv'e been trying to figure it out for ages.i think it's probably my favourite of all and as you say it really needs the right mood.to me it's about as good as it gets and i'm sure nany on the forum would agree.best regards scott

Return to “Gordon's Music”