The George, South Molton

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

tdymond

The George, South Molton

Postby tdymond » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:59 pm

I was taken to this concert by my husband, who has long been a fan of Gordon's. I had heard of Gordon, of course, but didn't know quite what to expect or whether I would enjoy the evening!
I was impressed from the onset, but, after hearing Dodo's Dream, for the first time, I was absolutely enthralled & hugely impressed by Gordon's great talent & versatility. HAD to buy the 'As It Happens' cd in the interval & have benn playing it ever since!!
My husband first saw Gordon at The Queens Theatre, Barnstaple in 1985 ish.
& has always gone on about the wonderful theme music to the BBC 'Holiday' programme - NOW I understand exactly what he meant.
Can't wait until I get the opportunity to listen to Gordon again - keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
Hanna Dymond

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:02 am

Hello Hanna.

I think it's really great when folk like yourself take the trouble to leave such a lovely posting.

For me it's good to know that wives of guitar fans embrace my music in such a positive way.

Music is music and should hopefully touch people regardless of being a guitarist or not, and I take heart in the knowledge that these tunes of mine have given you pleasure.

The George was a great night for me, you were a 10 out of 10 audience and I shall remember the night for a long time to come.

Be Well dear lady.

Warmest of Regards.

Gordon.

lusardi

the george concert

Postby lusardi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:28 pm

:D Had been into GGs music at the time of the deserter ect, then drifted from guitar playing, into Piano lessons and music theory. here I am now 56years old and just rediscovered Gordons Music after attending the gig at South Moulton.
saw the concert advertised on the web, so booked tickets and a room for my wife and me. Totaly blown away with the concert, had a quick chat to Gordon on the purpose of the angled frets on the 12 string, also bought a copy of the making of the dodo,s dream, and when I got home spent a few hours playing various parts on the piano ect. Now the bad news, I have blamed Gordon for me having to spend a considerable sum of money in the near future to purchase a guitar again after quite a long lay off. My (Beautifull) wife Gail, also blames the GG concert for my rebirth into Guitars, and of course spending lots of money to get a good one. Am going to contact Rob Armstrong soon to make a purchase. After the concert in Devon, I went to the concert in Cardiff bay, this then totaly totaly convinced me to get another guitar, and make a start. So all in all, Gordons to blame for me geting back into guitar playing, Thank you, thank you, its what I needed.
JL :D
Lux Ardens

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Mr Lusardi.

I well remember seeing your name on the reserved seats at my South Molton concert.

I'm really pleased to have inspired you to this degree, and to that end I have already spoken with my dear old friend Rob Armstrong and told him to expect a call from you. His number is 02476 442502. I know you will enjoy meeting him and I wish you well in your choice of guitar, Rob has some stunning instruments at the moment and I'm sure you will be spoilt for choice.

With Warmest Regards to you and your wife.

Gordon.

lusardi

Postby lusardi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 am

:D Thnaks for that Gordon, The Cardiff concert was very enjoyable to.
I have spoken to Rob, and will be visiting him sometime in October.
Thanks again John Lusardi.
Lux Ardens

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”