Xuefei Yang - Norfolk

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

sultan4swing

Xuefei Yang - Norfolk

Postby sultan4swing » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 am

[b]It's not often Norfolk gets to host a guitarist of Xuefei Yangs calibre.... so if hearing one of the top 6 classical guitarists grabs you ... you might want to get hold of tickets while you can... She is doing a recital at Binham Priory on 18 August - tickets GBP18.... available via the Binham website... I only came across this lady relatively recently... ClassicFM played her version of the Bach violin sonata no 1 in G minor - BMV1001 - presto version... I had this track by Dominic Miller - which is amazing, but this lady's version is technically a step up... superb... try and get a listen if you appreciate guitar technique... ( which I guess many do as threy wouldn't be accessing this website.. !!!) She will be doing a mixed programme of Bach and Chinese trad music.... and just a week after Gordon's concert in Norfolk ... we really are spoiled this year.. !!!! Happy musical summer to all ...

sultan4swing

Re: Xuefei Yang - Binham Priory Concert - Norfolk

Postby sultan4swing » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm

For classical guitarist officiandos.... ?? Just some observations on Xuefei Yang's concert at Binham Priory , Norfolk last evening... A wonderful setting in the main Priory abbey - surrounded by the early c9C ruins of a range of monastic buildings... a beautiful warm evening.... A full house - around 100 fellow music lovers - for what turned out to be an utterly memorable evening of the most amazing classical guitar pieces - mainly core Spanish composers but performed to a technical standard beyond anything I have ever heard - and I've heard most of the top classical guitarists over the last 30 years. We were totally spellbound by the technique and musicality this lady could coax out of 6 strings... one piece exhibited every conceivable variation of tone you could imagine.. including drums.. !! So lucky to have picked up on this concert right in the 'sticks' of Norfolk.. The downside was that she has visited this venue almost every year for the last 10 years - so have missed 9 other concerts.. ah well ..can't win em all... !!! This lady is feted to be in the top 6 of the world's best classical guitarists - on this concert evidence - easily .... She is now based in London but does most of her work in China... but look on her website for future concerts in the UK.. you don't know what you're missing.. !!!!

Return to “More Music”