Xuefei Yang - Norfolk

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

sultan4swing

Xuefei Yang - Norfolk

Postby sultan4swing » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 am

[b]It's not often Norfolk gets to host a guitarist of Xuefei Yangs calibre.... so if hearing one of the top 6 classical guitarists grabs you ... you might want to get hold of tickets while you can... She is doing a recital at Binham Priory on 18 August - tickets GBP18.... available via the Binham website... I only came across this lady relatively recently... ClassicFM played her version of the Bach violin sonata no 1 in G minor - BMV1001 - presto version... I had this track by Dominic Miller - which is amazing, but this lady's version is technically a step up... superb... try and get a listen if you appreciate guitar technique... ( which I guess many do as threy wouldn't be accessing this website.. !!!) She will be doing a mixed programme of Bach and Chinese trad music.... and just a week after Gordon's concert in Norfolk ... we really are spoiled this year.. !!!! Happy musical summer to all ...

Return to “More Music”