Newton Faulkner

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

fingerlock

Newton Faulkner

Postby fingerlock » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:14 pm

Ihave just listened to this guys new album, hand built by robots and it is excellent.

If you go to his myspace page among many of his influences is Gordon

A must listen to artist!!!!!!

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Eddie,

you might like to read more about Newton that we featured on the September News Page here:

http://tinyurl.com/2nhdo2

scroll down to the article.

Sue

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 am

Yes, he's been keen to quote Gordon as an influence! Newton Faulkner... Good songs, good guitar playing, good singing... GREAT hair! Sound like anyone else we know?

Stevo

Postby Stevo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:46 pm

Newton was a student of the late Eric Roche, and you can hear alot of Erics style in Newtons playing. Newton even plays the same make of guitar as Eric, handmade by Nick Benjamin.

davevw

Postby davevw » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:22 pm

I had the pleasure of seeing Newton Faulkner live last week at the Radio 2 Music Club Live event. He was great. It was filmed and recorded for TV and radio. Listen or watch his performance of Bohemian Rhapsody if you get a chance. It will blow your socks off!
Radio 2 8-10pm 15/12/2007, Online bbc.co.uk/radio2, on digital 15th - 22nd December press the red button.
GG is a definite influence in his playing and I guess he must have seen GG live as he has the same self-effacing manner and sense of humour.

TTToni

Postby TTToni » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:34 pm

I heard Newton Faulkner's latest single on Radio 1 the other week and for a brief moment I thought it was Gordon Giltrap. Then of course he started singing and I realised it was Newton Faulkner xD
Excellent player though.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Tony.

How are you my dear? Yep, I thought it sounded like my style also, but I have read that I was somewhat of an influence, for which I'm very flattered!

My best to you and your lovely family.

G.x

Return to “More Music”