Brian May/Midge Ure

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Brian May/Midge Ure

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Came across this clip on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MVyfQc ... re=related

IMHO brilliant stuff from Brian May and Midge Ure :D

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Brian May/Midge Ure

Postby GORDON » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Midge is one of the most underated guitarists I know...bless him.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Brian May/Midge Ure

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Couldn't agree more, Gordon. He's very good but just not recognised for it.

There were some great, self-effacing quotes from him in a BBC4 documentary on Thin Lizzy a few months ago. He was looking back to when he deputised at short/no notice for Gary Moore in Lizzy on tour in America around 1979 - when he was not long out of "70s boy band" "Slick" and Glen Matlock's post-Pistols band "The Rich Kids" and mostly doing electro stuff with Visage. He learned the whole set on the plane over to the States listening to it on his cassette player and then dived straight in the following night playing all Gary's solos and harmony lines.

He summed it all up in the documentary by saying. "So there you are, I'm officially the worst guitarist ever to play in Thin Lizzy!" Mind you, by that token, it that still places him pretty high up in pretty exalted company! :) I thought it was a great quote, said with a very cheeky grin!

Return to “More Music”