Jim Sullivan

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

Jim Sullivan

Postby GORDON » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm

It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Big Jim Sullivan.I shall be writing a tribute in these pages soon.

Our love and thoughts go out to Norma at this sad time.

RIP Dear Jim.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Jim Sullivan

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Just read about Big Jim passing on the BBC News website. What sad, sad news. One of the original legends of British guitar playing and instrumental in the sound of more hits of the 60s and 70s than you might imagine.

Rest in Peace, Big Jim. Your legacy to British music will live on long into the future.

______________________edit____________________________

Was just looking at his website at his recording history and just two days after the day I was born he played on these sessions...

I Wouldn’t Trade You Bachelors
She’s Not There Zombies
You Realy Got Me Kinks
Move it Baby Simon Scott
As Tears Go By Marianne Faithfull
The Wedding Julie Rogers

Just 6 out of the 1000+ chart hits he played on... barely scratching the surface of what he achieved as the unsung hero of the British music scene.

Paganwolf

Re: Jim Sullivan

Postby Paganwolf » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Just read about this and was going to post here, a tragic loss and a great musician, I often think that outside of musicians circles, session musicians never ever get the recognition they deserve.

sleep well Jim
Witches ride brooms as nature abhores a vacuum

Return to “More Music”