Bob Harris

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Colin Welfare

Bob Harris

Postby Colin Welfare » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 am

Sunday 9th Oct' 2011 00.15a.m. Just heard Bob say on his radio 2 show that ' in the last hour of the show some Gordon Giltrap'

Long time since I heard Bob play GG. He did introduce him on the BBC in a live performance from Golders Green I remember.
Colin & Jill

keithmeredith

Re: Bob Harris

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:57 am

Just listened to the clip on the BBC i-Player. ( I had a lay in, O.K? ) FYI starts at 2.32.20 in the programme

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Bob Harris

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 pm

And don't forget that this Wednesday's Radio 2 programme about the Old Grey Whistle Test will feature Gordon doing an in-studio performance of Heartsong...

Bob Harris continues to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the classic music TV show. Each programme looks at one complete series of the original Old Grey Whistle Test and includes archive recordings alongside new interviews and recorded sessions with guests from the featured series.

Programme eight includes new live sessions from Squeeze and Thin Lizzy. Chris Difford and Glen Tilbrook of Squeeze chat with Bob about the early days of the band and members of Thin Lizzy reminisce about Phil Lynott and their breakthrough success with the Jailbreak album.

There are further new session tracks from Ian Anderson, who performs a Jethro Tull medley; and guitarist Gordon Giltrap provides a stunning new performance of his hit single Heartsong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0156pr7

Return to “Gordon's Music”