First the Good News!

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Mlower

First the Good News!

Postby Mlower » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 am

First the good news.... I have finally managed to get our lad a play on national radio! Alex Lester played "Nursery Chimes" this morning on Radio 2 as part of his listeners library feature.
The bad news.... Er it was 4.45am!

Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00mnf1n and listen from about 1hr 45 mins into the show.
Martin.

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm

More good news! I was awake to hear it (sad case you may say!) Just out of the shower and off to work, put the radio on as usual and there it was GG in full flow!
I don’t think I have heard this version of Nursery Chimes, is it new? Or maybe very old?
I guess as a milkman you were awake to hear it too? Well done Martin!

Best wishes,

John

:D

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Any airplay is better than no airplay, even if it is at 4.45am! Alex announced this as coming from the Troubador album...not one I actually own :oops: (note to self: rectify this ridiculous anomaly at once) although I do own the score book of the same name (which is some redemption, I hope) :D.

Nice one, Martin 8) .

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Yes, Troubadour it is, track 13 playing at the moment – great double CD highly recommended!!!

Thanks for your help Andrew.

Best wishes,

:D

Return to “Gordon's Music”