Remember This

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

are-jay-enn

Remember This

Postby are-jay-enn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:35 pm

My other posts elsewhere explained that I was an owner of just the late seventies albums and I decided to buy some later stuff. I received 'Remember This' last week and have to say that the recording quality is the best I have ever heard. I was blown away with it. There are those who still argue about vinyl being better but the sound I heard is spot on. Needless to say the playing is excellent as well and the takes on well known numbers are remarkable.

I'm going to leave it a while before moving onto another album but wondered if anyone on the forum would venture which CD i should go for next??

Richard

coling

Postby coling » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:03 pm

As a contrast to Gordon's playing his interpretations of other composers music (albeit significant pieces for him) try the "Drifter" double CD. The first CD contains studio recordings and arrangements where Gordon alongside his usual guitar has also introduced other instument sounds to accompany him. The second CD is a live recording - a typical night out!

Return to “Gordon's Music”