Fear of the Dark 12"

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

are-jay-enn

Fear of the Dark 12"

Postby are-jay-enn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 am

My first post!

Probably like many people I've been revisiting a lot of the music I used to have on vinyl. I used to have the 12" copy of Fear of the Dark and I wanted to get the b-side tracks on CD. I remember them being live takes and recently bought "Live at Oxford" which I am really enjoying. However 'Inner Dream' sounds different to the version I remember for some reason - is that the case? Catwalk Blues sounds like the same version but I guess that is GG's precise playing. The band track may well have a different line up.

amgard

Postby amgard » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 pm

I've still got the 12" LP of 'A Testament of Time' which includes Catwalk Blues - though my turntable is in the loft :shock:

Many of GG tracks evolve as time passes, like all things, except in his case it's nearly always for the better :)

are-jay-enn

Re: Fear of the Dark 12"

Postby are-jay-enn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

I was listening to the fantastic River Sessions this morning and wondered again about the live version of Inner Dream on the b-side of the 12 inch single. i ought to invest in one from eBay to see if it is different to the one on Live at Oxford.

I also wondered about the track 'Passion Fruit' - not to be found elsewhere?

Return to “Gordon's Music”