Maddie goes west

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

stevejd

Maddie goes west

Postby stevejd » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi Gordon, firstly, superb DVD from Sound Techniques. I got the martin simpson one as well - another major influence on my playing. On the DVD the last track is maddie goes west. Is the tab available to purchase for this?

First saw you at plymouth polytechnic rag week in 1979, where my wife and I met!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Hello Steve.

Maddie goes West is availlable from Lathkill Music Publishers www.lathkillmusic.co.uk, and is part of our Double VISION duets book. The other pieces in the book are Ravensbourn. The Passing of a Queen. A Christmas Carol. Daisy Chain, and The Racer.

Thanks so much for your interest my friend.

Best Regards.

Gordon.

stevejd

Arrangement in book

Postby stevejd » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:24 am

Hi Gordon, just a quick question before I buy the book without being able to see it. Does the arrangement for maddie goes west in the book include the full arrangement which would be suitable for a solo guitarist? I know on the album you play it a as a duet, and on the sound techniques album you play it solo. The book description says that both parts are fully scored in tab, so I just wanted to check your views on it. Thanks

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 pm

Hi Steve.

I'm really pleased you are enjoying the DVD.With regard to Maddie, you are in luck sir because in this months issue of ACOUSTIC mag there is a full transcription of it....Enjoy and Be Well.

Gordon

stevejd

Thanks

Postby stevejd » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi Gordon, many thanks for that - picked up a copy in Bath this afternoon, so will start looking at it during the week. Moving to Oxfordshire (wallingford) next month so hope to see you in a concert sometime, maybe swindon in September.

Steve.

Return to “Gordon's Music”