Scattered Chapters CD and Book released

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Scattered Chapters CD and Book released

Postby Sue » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am

Scattered Chapters

Saturday July 23rd 2022 marks the release of what I believe to be the most significant and important project of my career thus far. SCATTERED CHAPTERS is a dynamic multimedia project created during lockdown. It takes the form of a brand new Gordon Giltrap and Paul Ward album, alongside a beautiful book published by Wymer Publishing https://www.wymeruk.co.uk/webshop/books/rock/various/scattered-chapters/

The book features short stories written by world famous award winning composer, guitarist and author Nicholas Hooper, a man who has composed music for over 250 films the most well-known being scores for two HARRY POTTER films. Nick is also a self-published author and was deeply inspired by the back stories that inspired the music.

The book also contains details of individual artwork from some of the most exciting artists working in the UK today. Each of them was captivated by the project and the end result is a stunning array of paintings, ceramics, glass art and jewellery reflecting the stories and the tunes, all faithfully reproduced in the book.

Now onto the CD released on Psychotron Records.

https://psychotronrecords.co.uk/product/gordon-giltrap-paul-ward-scattered-chapters-cd/
There are 18 compositions in all. Three of the pieces are the creations of Paul Ward and the remainder are mine. There is an orchestral version of an early GG tune and a reworked Celtic flavoured version of my classic “Heartsong” featuring the pipes and whistles of John Devine. Special guests on the album are Jenny Hanley, spoken word. Ian Mosley of Marillion, drums. Rod Edwards, keyboard arrangements. Nick Hooper, guitar.

A 25 minute documentary created by Mark and Jane Day of FluidFox about the project will also find its place on YouTube. Watch it here: https://youtu.be/q8NS5eJxKBg

An exhibition of the work will run for one month from the launch date at Artifex the largest individual art gallery and craft centre in the UK. https://www.artifex.co.uk/

On launch day (Sat 23rd July 2022) at Artifex the proceedings will start at 11 am and, after a few words of welcome, I shall be performing a short intimate acoustic set.

Special thanks to Nigel Bates for curating the whole thing. All the original artwork will be for sale!

Read more about the project on my News page here: https://giltrap.co.uk/news/general/General_News/5582
GG webmaster

keithmeredith

Re: Scattered Chapters CD and Book released

Postby keithmeredith » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm

This sounds like a very exciting project. Are tickets required for the launch at Artifex?

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Hi Keith,

lovely to hear from you.

No tickets, just turn up. Details will be added to the Artifex website shortly.

Sue
GG webmaster

Keith T

Postby Keith T » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:19 pm

I saw somewhere about the first 100 copies are being signed by Gordon. I take it these will start at the opening at Artifex at The Mitchell Centre?
Hope to be there.
Keith T

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi Keith.

Apologies for the last reply if you have read it already.I got the wrong Keith.

All copies of the book will signed BEFORE the day.But it’s no problem to add an extra message on the day sir.

Be well.

G.

Keith T

Postby Keith T » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:40 am

The Scattered Chapters Cd is a stunningly beautiful, contemplative album that is incredibly soothing.
You probably recall times when you have been to see bands or artistes play at gigs, and then buy one of their albums, only to find that it’s not quite the same as live and a little disappointing, with little of the atmosphere.
This album is different because it actually brings a peaceful smile to your face.
This is Gordon at his atmospheric best.
Worth every penny and makes you look forward to his next gig.
:D

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi Sue & Gordon,

Will Scattered Chapters be available on Spotify, iTunes or anything similar?

I will order the CD and book for delivery to the US, but we are currently in the middle of a two year assignment in Barbados and to date getting anything as simple as a birthday card delivered to Barbados from England has proved a challenge!

I just don’t want to wait until our next trip to the US to hear the album! I love the excerpt that Gordon played on the announcement.

All the Best,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:26 pm

Hi Roger.

Yes indeed sir. Will let you know when.

Be Well.

G.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Thanks Gordon.

I have ordered the CD and I am just about to order the book.

I hope the launch is going well today - wish I could be there!

All the Best,

Roger

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Hi Roger,

good to hear from you.

Sadly I couldn't be there either today ( but then again we all wish we were in Barbados! ) :lol:

Sue
GG webmaster

Keith T

Postby Keith T » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:48 pm

I was wrong when I said "The Scattered Chapters Cd is a stunningly beautiful, contemplative album".
What I should have said is; The Scattered Chapters Cd is the most stunningly beautiful, contemplative album that I have EVER heard!
I have lost count of the number of times we have played it over the last few days.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:00 pm

CD and book both ordered for US delivery, plus, the album is now available on iTunes and Spotify!

Just started listening and the first four songs are a very strong start!

I hope you’ve had a good response to the launch.

All the Best,

Roger

aja

Postby aja » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:05 am

Got my cd and book
Both fully signed
So pleased awesome sounds and visuals
Pity i dont have any wall space for the artwork
Love it
Drew

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:47 pm

I happened to had listened to the album via Apple Music but not listened to the whole of the album yet - just 'selected' tracks!
Tom McCauley

Return to “Gordon's Music”