Bass player on 1973 album Giltrap

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

coelocanth

Bass player on 1973 album Giltrap

Postby coelocanth » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi
On Discogs the bass player on Gordon's 1973 album Giltrap was listed as Alan Hull, Lindisfarne vocalist and song writer. The bass was actually played by someone called Alan Hall.
Q1. Has anyone got the sleeve? Does it credit Alan Hull or Alan Hall on the back?
Q2. I've made a new entry for Alan Hall (8) on Discogs. Does anyone know him? Did he play on anything else?
Thanks

davevw109

Re: Bass player on 1973 album Giltrap

Postby davevw109 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi,
I have the record and sleeve. It credits Alan Hall on bass. I don't know anything about him. However, I see that a Bob Hall was one of the engineers, so may have been a relative?
I have added an image of the credits box from the rear sleeve to the Discogs entry for the album.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Bass player on 1973 album Giltrap

Postby GORDON » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:41 am

As far as I know my old friend Alan Hall doesn’t appear on any other albums.The Bass player on the majority of the remaining tracks was Brian Belshaw an old friend of Nicko Mcbrain from Iron Maiden.Brian was originally in a band called Blossom Toes.

Return to “Gordon's Music”