The Last of Old England

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

sultan4swing

The Last of Old England

Postby sultan4swing » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi Gordon.… so good to see you again, up and performing recently at Sharrington. A great offshoot has been to get to know Chris Abrams.... Have been very struck by the ethos of your 'Last of Old England' CD.. an inspiration from various pre-Raphaelite artists, and a number of dedications to family members and friends, both in the music industry, and other wise. Quite interested by one piece dedicated to one Andy Davies.... Wondered if this was the Andy Davies that was a prominent instrumental/song writing member of the 1960's cult west country multi-faceted group Stackridge - along with 'Crun' Walters ? I saw the band play a number of times. Amazing. The band continues without them, but some 20 years ago, they came back briefly as the duo The Korgis and had one hit 'Everybody's got to learn Sometime'... Just interested … Best wishes and stay well...

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: The Last of Old England

Postby GORDON » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Hello sir.

Sorry no not the same person.I remember Andrew from Stackridge he looked very much like John Lennon if my memory serves me well.

Glad you enjoyed the concert and yes Chris is a lovely chap as is Annie.

Thanks for the posting.

Be well.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Music”