Guitar Heroes at the BBC

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

BRC

Guitar Heroes at the BBC

Postby BRC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Saturday 11th August 2018, just after 20:35 .. sitting minding my own business and waiting for our granddaughter to vacate the bathroom, I decided to idly trawl through the TV channels for something of interest - apart from repeats - when I chanced upon the above title on ‘Yesterday’.

Great watching some old stuff that I had forgotten about until up comes the next act ‘The Gordon Giltrap Band’. Surprisingly, the chosen track played was ‘Lucifer’s Cage’. It has been a long time since I have listened to ‘the Band’ version. Interesting as I have listened to Gordon’s solo version many times and, although not my favourite track, still find it fascinating to absorb the sound, and the images it conjures up.

I quickly searched for ‘Yesterday +1’ to record the full show (as said granddaughter now back downstairs and peaceful watching not posssible).

I will enjoy watching this tomorrow, hopefully when young lady has gone home and peace restored. I should then be able to figure out who the young guy at the front of the band is playing the Ovation 6 string guitar.

Just in case. it is series 1 Episode 2.

Kind regards to all
Brad
P.S. Yes, my “apart from repeats” approach was abandoned.

BRC

Re: Guitar Heroes at the BBC

Postby BRC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 pm

This is on again on ‘Yesterday’ channel at 10:00 a.m.

Brad

BRC

Re: Guitar Heroes at the BBC

Postby BRC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Whoops ... missed out saying ‘Sunday, 12th August’.

Return to “Gordon's Music”