LAST OF ENGLAND LP and Launch gig

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

LAST OF ENGLAND LP and Launch gig

Postby Sue » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm

GORDON GILTRAP & PAUL WARD “The Last of England”

A vinyl limited edition release of this wonderful collection of tunes from the legendary guitar player, Gordon Giltrap. Gordon collaborated with Paul Ward, keyboard player and music producer to create this album partly inspired by the artwork from the pre-Raphaelite era. The title track also comes from the famous Ford Maddox Brown painting used on the cover. Gordon embarked on this project to celebrate his return to health after a major operation in 2016 and considers it as perhaps his best album yet. Keyboard player Paul’s wealth of experience includes working with David Jason and Martin Kemp amongst others.

The album is inspired by all the music Gordon has loved during his 40 year career. It is a truly heart-warming LP.

To celebrate its release, Psychotron Records is hosting a Gordon Giltrap and Paul Ward concert at The Guildhall, Lichfield on Tuesday 18th July.

BUY TICKETS HERE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gordon-giltrap-paul-ward-vinyl-album-launch-concert-tickets-34295817714

Previously released on CD (Angel Air) in January 2017, the album has received great reviews already. Losing a couple of tracks to translate onto vinyl was a difficult decision, but it is more than compensated for hearing the sound on vinyl pressing and owning a beautiful LP which shows off the painting that inspired some of the music in a semi laminated luxury gatefold sleeve.

Comes on gorgeous deep orange vinyl; first 100 copies with a signed poster, 150 copies with unsigned poster and 250 standard copies.

BUY LP HERE: http://psychotronrecords.co.uk/product/gordon-giltrap-paul-ward-last-england

Sue
GG webmaster

steve

Re: LAST OF ENGLAND LP and Launch gig

Postby steve » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi Sue,

Do you happen to know the official release date of this LP as I have already ordered it from Psychotron Records (it's not listed as a "pre-order") but I've yet to receive it and yet I note it appears to be already "available" from Amazon and some "marketplace" third party sellers?

Thanks!

Steve
Mirrors should think longer before they reflect ~ Jean Cocteau

steve

Postby steve » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Just got tickets for Lichfield Guildhall launch and also looking forward to seeing Gordon at West Fest, Malvern, on Saturday 1st July.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:19 pm

steve wrote:Hi Sue,

Do you happen to know the official release date of this LP as I have already ordered it from Psychotron Records (it's not listed as a "pre-order") but I've yet to receive it and yet I note it appears to be already "available" from Amazon and some "marketplace" third party sellers?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I've just spoken to Pete at Psychotron records - he says all online orders placed so far have been shipped. Suggest you drop him an email : pete@psychotronrecords.com Pete says "I’ll check Steve’s order when he gets in touch"

Pete also says, "I have sold a few wholesale to a couple of sellers so they may be available from other sources now, and live on our site…"

http://psychotronrecords.co.uk/product/gordon-giltrap-paul-ward-last-england

Sue
GG webmaster

steve

Postby steve » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Sue,

Many thanks! Yes, I've spoken to Pete now and as of today I am in possession of the new LP complete with signed poster! It is a thing of real beauty and highly recommended to all our vinyl loving friends. Oh happy days.....
When I get home later I will be spinning the album again.

Best wishes,

Steve

steve

Postby steve » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:09 am

Having played the LP now I am happy to report it sounds just as fine as it looks. The sound has a level of depth, natural resonance and timbre that the CD just can't quite attain. I'm not sure if Paul Ward actually mastered this (he is credited with mastering the album in general) or who cut the lacquer but whoever did made a great job capturing the tone and depth of the instruments.

If I had any criticism of the CD I would say it seems to be more compressed, which is a typically more modern mastering style and doesn't always fit the music, especially lighter instrumental music with acoustic instruments.

Return to “Gordon's Music”