Heartsong featuring on 3rd anniversary of Salford City Radio's Progressive Rock Show

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Tom McCauley

Heartsong featuring on 3rd anniversary of Salford City Radio's Progressive Rock Show

Postby Tom McCauley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi everyone.

On Wednesday 4th January, a special show was made for Salford City Radio to mark the 3rd anniversary of its Progressive Rock Show that goes out every Wednesday evening between 10pm and 11pm (UK time).

I happened to have been featured in the show, and in my part of the show, I happened to have been discussing with Graham Harfleet (who's a friend of mine) about 'Heartsong' which has been played on the 'Holiday' program back in the 70s, when I was working on a special prog rock show with him. (Yes it's the most popular GG special - our first one, which was aired on March 4th, 2015)

My part of the program is roughly I think 11 minutes into the show and lasts for roughly 5 minutes or more, so have a listen and enjoy: https://www.mixcloud.com/GrahamHarfleet ... io-944-fm/

Thanks and be well all and Happy New Year. :D

Tom
Tom McCauley

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Heartsong featuring on 3rd anniversary of Salford City Radio's Progressive Rock Show

Postby Sue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Well done Tom, :D keep up the good work,

Sue
GG webmaster

Tom McCauley

Re: Heartsong featuring on 3rd anniversary of Salford City Radio's Progressive Rock Show

Postby Tom McCauley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Sue wrote:Well done Tom, :D keep up the good work,

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thank you! :)

Tom
Tom McCauley

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Since hearing 'Heartsong' I've had it playing on my own show probably a number of times this week. The '93 version comes to mind! :)
Tom McCauley

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:03 pm

If it helps here's the clip from my interview including 'Heartsong':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7qgzis ... e=youtu.be
Tom McCauley

Return to “Gordon's Music”